Almost finished, what a great game.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Almost finished, what a great game.

Just want to say I'm having a blast with this game. I've finished all the Umpani and T'rang quest except for the final quest of each faction. I've cleared 3 of the easter egg dungeons and my party is around level 22. My only complaint is how stupidly hard to find the easter egg dungeons are. I would never have found those on my own. They should have made them side quest instead and left more clues to them in the game. I just got done clearing the one in the Mountain Wilderness. That Nebda boss was pretty cool as were some of the weapons you get in that dungeon. I just wish that the bosses in those dungeons were tied into the story somehow. Well, gotta get back to the game, about to enter Rapax Rift for the first time!
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:55 am
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

By the way, after 4 years of being a member here, I finally picked an avatar. Not sure why It took me so long. Anyone recognize him?
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:12 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Going into the Rift for the first time and the title is "almost finished"?

Maybe 2/3. You've got a lot of gaming to do. Enjoy!

The eggs were ridiculous by design. The designers were remarkably stubborn about giving clues, too. Some guy spent like 30 hours with a trainer trying every item in the entire game with each "specific item needed here" spot in order to find the right key.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:26 am
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

To be honest with you, if I had known Wiz 8 was going to take this long I would have waited until after Oblivion. Now I'm trying to get more play time in so I can finish it and move on. I only play 1 crpg at a time.

Oh well, I want to ugrade my cpu and video card before I start playing Oblivion anyways.
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:20 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I can't handle more than one game at a time myself.

You've got a few optional side quests available, but you're getting close to the end game now where the story kinda goes on rails. Dealing with the Rapax can take a while just because there are so darn many of them to kill. Actually, if this is your first time thru, the Rapax Castle will probably eat up some considerable time. Take your time and enjoy it--Oblivion isn't going anywhere.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:04 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Nice to hear that you are enjoying the game.

Actually if I were you, I wouldn't hurry anywhere. Considering that you probably need to upgrade your hardware to really enjoy Oblivion, there is really no reason to hurry.

Oblivion won't run away and hardware prices will fall as they always do (which means more for you money in future than now).
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:17 am