Honor System...Good or Bad
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
Lantra
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Honor System...Good or Bad

So far as i played WoW after patch 1.4, i noticed i cant get anything done whith out seeing. Redridge is under atack! This honor craze is driving the horde crazy, so much i never have to time to turn in quests, beacuse the givers are always DEAD! Also it driving poeple to use a hack that truns on your pvp. From the eyes of my lvl 20 warlock. honer bad
Post Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:06 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

It's more laggy than good or bad

There are several class imbalances and population imbalances. Tarren Mill on Argent Dawn has been under the control (40+ levrl 55+ players) of the Alliance for almost a week. Most of the Horde have just given up on using that level 20-30 questing zone.

I quit the other day mostly because of time constraints ... but the honor system and the lag and imbalance it caused was a little factor in my decision. I never cared to PvP and wasn't about to complain that those who played the most and used the most powerful classes for PvP rose to the top -- that's the way it should be. I cared when it began to affect my ability to play, as it has yours.

I can't say I was thrilled that people were trying to 'farm' my Level 54 warlock for honor points, either, but I gave as good as I got in most cases.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:55 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Southshore has been under constant attack, and yes, it's just annoying as heck. Im not normally big into PvP but Ive been lately, just literally pissed at the fetid Horde. I hate Horde in and out of character, I spit on them. And the lag from such zerg-like attacks, well, im preachin to the choir here...

Im hoping that Battlegrounds will help with this, and from what im reading about it, there should be more than a little incentive for people to take their honor farming to the BG.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:47 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Neither side is innocent ... but on most servers it is the Alliance who are the zerg. They typically outnumber the horde by two to one or so.

Not that the Horde doesn't throw back the attackers and raid southshore whenever they have a moment to breathe. I took part in a diversionary raid where we looped around the attacking Alliance armies and sacked Southshore while they were busy battling at Tarren Mill.

It's all just silly.

Well, I put about 600 hours into the game so it was time to move on anyways. I'm playing Matrix Online... and it's mindless eye candy. Still, at least it's honest... log on, grind, log off, repeat ad nauseum. It doesn't pretend that you don't have to grind like WoW did (45-55 was a lot of grinding for me. Don't know about the last 5 levels but I can't imagine it improved again)

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue May 03, 2005 3:57 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Honor Points should never have been released before the Battlegrounds. That was a huge misstake, because it all ended up with a ganking nightmare. Nowadays though it's all good really, people can enjoy PVP if they want, but still stay away from it(like me).
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:16 pm