Usergroups
Mistmare Demo PATCH
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.
Mistmare Demo PATCH

Anyone downloaded the patch for mistmare ?? if so does it help out much?

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:49 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Each patch has improved the situation and now it's more or less spot on! For the first time I enjoyed the game rather than getting annoyed at the controls. They deserve praise for doing it so quickly (but I can't help wondering why it wasn't just done in the first place since it obviously wasn't quite as hard as they were saying).

I'm pretty sure I'll this, now.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:10 am
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

Yeah the patch helped out quite abit I found ... I think if the full game is something to this effect it will do very well...

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:50 pm
Necrosis
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The latest patch has improved the control scheme greatly. However, I am having a problem that makes the game virtually unplayable, and have had the problem since the original release of the demo. The mouse cursor simply will not respond properly; it has a kind of "floaty" feel that makes it difficult to point at anything with any precision. I even have trouble exiting the game because it's difficult to point at and choose the "save and exit" option from the menu! I adjusted the mouse sensitivity in a variety of ways, but that simply made matters worse. This is the only game or application that exhibits this behaviour on my machine. Unfortunately, although many complaints about the controls have been made, no one else seems to have this problem, so this will probably not be addressed by the developers and I will have to pass on buying this game. If anyone has any insight into why this may be happening, please let me know. My system specs are as follows:
Intel D850MV Mobo
2.6GHz Pentium 4 processor @ 400Mhz FSB
1GB PC800 RDRAM
GeForce4 Ti 4600 video card
Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card
Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse (corded)/v 9.75 drivers/connected to USB 1.0 port
Windows XP Home Edition
I tried playing the game with the Logitech drivers disabled, but it didn't help.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:00 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Does the patch work with the orignal demo? If so I might try it out im not dling it again.

One other weird thing I noticed was that the monsters moved super slow... I wonder if the real game they will be or these are jsut demo monsters.

However it works Im waiting for reviews of the real game here and other places like usual.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:18 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Hm, I played an alpha version of Mistmare at last year's GC, and monsters moved quite normally there, so I don't think that willl be a problem of the finished game... hopefully.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:22 pm
Dhruin

No floaty mouse and no slow monsters for me. Now that the controls are improved it's full steam ahead. Or should that be mist ?

The patches work on the original demo. I'm not sure if you need to install all of them but they're not very big. It's definitely worth another look.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:14 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Darn, I didn't keep the installation file. Oh well, im to lazy to download it again.
Post Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:22 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I downloaded it again anyway. Hmm, nice that you can move around with W, A, S, D... but isn't there someway that you can "turn around" and not sidestep... like in NWN?

Edit: Nevermind that question...
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:23 pm
Danny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Necrosis
The mouse cursor simply will not respond properly; it has a kind of "floaty" feel that makes it difficult to point at anything with any precision.

I had the same problem as you, only with other games. We also have a similar system (although i have DDR mem, not RD). When i used the MX500 on a USB port i had the same problem, but when i connected the (ps/2) piece (sorry for the english ) the problem disappeared. I think it's about the CPU usage, because when i'm not running any software the problem does not occur. Hope this will help you out a bit.
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:53 am
Necrosis
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

@Danny: Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, after putting the mouse on the PS/2 port and terminating all unneccessary programs, I still had the problem. I noticed a new thread on this topic out in the Mistmare forums the other day. It seems I'm not the only one having mouse problems. Interestingly enough, the other people posting at the site were all using Logitech mice (the MX500 and the MX700 if I recall correctly). Oh, well, I guess I'll have to pass on this game.
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:45 am
Dhruin

I have an MX500 and it's fine for me, so it's not directly related to Logitech MX mice. I didn't install any of the Logitech software, though, so it could be related to the Logitech software.
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:43 am
Necrosis
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

@Dhruin: Thanks! I uninstalled the Logitech drivers and tried the game again. Although the cursor still feels a little floaty, the situation is much improved. I still am puzzled though; mouse movement is completely fine with the Logitech drivers installed in all other games I try. The only game that gives me trouble is Mistmare. Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion!
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:31 pm