Few questions about mournhold and the keeining
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Few questions about mournhold and the keeining

OK a few questions firstly 1.i have started the quest for the shrine of the dead i have got to the temple shrine (just beyond the temple gardens with that mage whu is there to help) but as i go thru the next door i fine 3/4 liches which are imposible to kill 4 of their bolts kill me and their summoned mostersmake me rly weak so i cant carry my stuff so im frozen.is their anyway you can easily kill the liches
2.and also could you tell me the purpose of the dagger called the keening in a training facilty near dagoth ur.
3.And is their any easy way to kill gaento (the one in the temple courtyard) when hes rly powerful (with ebony armour) im lvl 27 skill 100 wit short blades

4.oh and are their any merchants with unlimited money (or just a lot) or something because i cant find anyone who has more than 8000 and almost all my items are worth more
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:13 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Few questions about mournhold and the keeining

1. Not easily, I don't think so - they really are very tough critters! If your current approach isn't working, try something else - if they cause you too much damage, try paralysing them; if you don't think you need to kill them, try using invisibility and avoid them.

2. Keening is part of the Morrowind main quest.

3. He's a bit of a sod isn't he? I don't think he has any ranged attacks - if you can't fight him head-to-head maybe you could try getting onto the temple roof and using lots of arrows?

4. In Mournhold you'll find a couple of merchants with a bit more on hand, but you'll still not be able to directly sell the most expensive bits. If you don't mind being patient you can sell an expensive item by buying back lots of smaller items as part payment, or there's a popular mod called Zed the Merchant that adds a very right vendor to the game:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/mods/Zed.esp
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:25 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

#1- No, unfortunately there is no “Lich-repellant” or anti-Lich ray in Morrowind. That spot can be somewhat tricky, but it needs to be dealt with like any other where you seem outgunned-
--Especially with ranged magic user enemies, part of the solution is to simply not get hit. I know, easier said than done, but get their attack timing down and that’s half the battle. They fire, you move.
--Summon some friends. The Bonewalkers that the Liches summon are really no big deal if you give them someone else to chew on and cripple for a minute. A minion you summon should take the strength-crippling hit, not you. Also, if you kill the Bonewalker’s summoner, they are immediately un-summoned. So give them someone else to chew on for a sec, then attack their master. Kill two Cliffracers with one stone, so to speak. There are several items (rings,scrolls,etc) that will summon creatures, but making your own amulet or ring is far preferable.
--Use ranged weaponry sometimes. Even tho my primary weapons are 2-handed swords, I don’t hesitate to bust out a bow and start pegging an enemy before they even know I’m around. They fire, you move, you fire. Repeat. I could wipe out all the Lich there easily from afar with a bound bow and some arrows.
--Don’t go rushing into a situation. If you go running into a room full of enemies, youre going to bite off more than you can chew, and youre going to wind up overpowered. Gradually try and draw enemies out and deal with them individually instead of en masse. Use a bow or other ranged weapon for this, get the ball rolling with a bolt or arrow instead of physical presence. Send your minions at them. Then draw your steel.

#2- You need Keening to defeat Dagoth Ur.

#3- This guy is a bit tough, but the prior hints in #1 can help you a little. Also, Almsivi Intervention can help you in this battle. Draw him far away from Almalexia’s temple, then cast Almsivi Intervention. Now youre back at the temple and he’s far away. Heal, summon, get ready ranged weapons, whatever. Try and paralyze him perhaps.

#4- Just take the financial hit on the items, sell them for what you can get. Or do the sell-back or modded thing.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:41 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Ok thx for the replies i soved the lich problem on my own but using invisibility like you said and then picked them of 1 by 1 and ill try the ranged attack & almisivi intervention. Now i have 2 more questions firstly who,what or where is sotha sil (its mentioned on the back of my box and secondly what is the best one handed short blade in the game.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:02 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Well, I can take the second half.

All short blades are one-handed. The old standby's apply. Daedric and Ebony are the best standard weapon groups. A daedric wakazashi does the most damage and has slightly better speed than the daedric tanto, daedric shortsword, and ebony shortsword.

Don't know if there are any unique short blades to be had. Probably are.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:06 am
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ok thx i already have daedric and if i ever feel so inclined i can get myself and abony scimitar or short sword but i meant ones that can be enchanted and can someone tell me what who or where Sotha Sil is or is it just another name for mournhould
THX
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:58 am
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Ok just 1 omre question this time i doubt any1 can help just wondering how all of you killed salas valor (mad hand of almaxia) im lvl 27 short blade skill 100
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:08 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

There are two main religions on Vvardenfell, the Tribunal Temple and the Imperial Cult. The Tribunal or "Temple" as it is referred to often times, has 3 demigods. Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil. Sotha Sil is known as "the Tinkerer", and is associated with mechanization and mystery. He has built a clockwork city in which he resides, spending all his time with his inventions. The book "Fellowship Of The Temple" goes into the Temple gods in more detail.

The Imperial Cult has basically 9 "Divines", Akatosh, Dibella, Arkay, Zenithar, Mara, Stendarr, Kynareth, Julianos, and Tiber Septum. The book to read about the basic tenents of the Imperial Cult is
"For My Gods And Emperor"
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:30 pm
Lucifer666
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I killed the HAND guy easily. and i was level 30. Have lots of excl health, fatigue and strength restorations. His weapon drains your strength at the start. Also he restores his health but only once. Just keep hacking and using potions. Course i had the long sword Chryseller!! Now i have trueflame!!!
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hehe well done lucifer but i've killed him now to but i had to use a bugi jumped up onto higher level in godsreach (about 2 feet above th footpath and then i just pulled out my dwemmer crossbow and spent bout 1/2 hour shooting all my bolts spells & enchanted items. ok now i have the quest to get the trueflame pieces i know where they are one from sum1 in the throne room and the woman in the museum of artifacts but thats where m problem lies i have sold her my vampiric ring (and imeadiately stole it back lol) buti have no other items which she will buy but i know the keening is a unique and i think my ring of surroudings is to but she doesnt offer to buy either of them so can u either give me a code to insert the trueflame pieces or tell me of a unique item can get and that she wants to buy
Thanx if anyone can help (or even bother to read all this)
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:28 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

nope once resolved this problem on my gave a dagger and stole it back (by the way if you want to know how to steal back ur artifacts u must go invisible and then because thats not enought the high ordinators will still see u you must use quite a bit of chameleon i used abotu 60/70 percent between all my rings and amulets
but i feel kinda cheated i thought sotha sil would be interestin place but its actually rly borin
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:59 pm