Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I now know of a way to train lockpicking in the demo..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I now know of a way to train lockpicking in the demo..

I heard some people ask about it, so here's the answer:

Just pay the 100 gold for Gritta in the beginning, and then talk to her uncle, the man outside the building(he's one of the masters - the one who gives you the bessing quest which you can't complete).

If you've paid the 100 gold for Gritta, he will train you for 200 gold(+5 skillpoints), and then you can buy lockpicks from him.

Now a question, how do people train their bowskill to 70 or 80? As far as I know you have to be level 13 to get this far(you're not able to train 5bowskillpoints by using 5 skillpoints after you have bowskill 30% - you need 10 per 5).

So, how do you do it?
And where to find goblinberries to boost dexterity?
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:26 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

What do you mean pay 100 for Gritta? I talked to both her and her uncle, but got nothing about paying money.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:28 pm
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

I believe you have to pay Gritta's debt for her. Otherwise, you won't get training. I maybe wrong...
Oh, and if you haven't even heard of this quest before, talk to Mattimeo (sp?) his shop is the first on the left as you enter the gate.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:08 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

First, you have to talk to Mattimeo? about him speaking up for you to the Craftsmen. He'll tell you that he will, if you can do him a favor. Namely getting the money Gritta owes him. Next, talk to Gritta. I let her ramble on and on and tell me her whole life story.

Then, when she began to repeat stuff she had already said, I brought up the money. When she protested, and said she didn't have it, I picked the option about that being OK, she could just sell her clothes. Boy, she coughed up the cash quick! I took it back to Mattimeo? and got him to agree to speak in favor of me. Then I talked to the cabinetmaker again and he agreed to train me if I could pay him for it.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:59 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

He did? Hmm.. strange; I chose the "sell clothes" option ones as well, but no lockpick skill..
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:10 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I seem to remember seeing a post somewhere on the board that said you have to complete both the "Gritta" quest and another one to be able to get the cabinetmaker to train you. I'm not sure what the other quest was, but I'm thinking it might have been the one to get rid of the Orc for the Blacksmith.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:36 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Might be correct.. it's a long time since I tried to get him to teach me lockpick in the game where I got the 100 from Gritta.. perhaps I tried before doing the blacksmith quest? Yes, I think you might be right..
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:16 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

>Now a question, how do people train their bowskill to 70 or 80? As far as I >know you have to be level 13 to get this far(you're not able to train >5bowskillpoints by using 5 skillpoints after you have bowskill 30% - you need >10 per 5).

They have a different skill system in Gothic 2. Bow and crossbow and one-hand and 2-hand skills affect each other. If you have trained cross-bow to 30 % than you only need 5 skill-points per 5 and vice versa. In order to get to 60% or 90% of one skill it is cheaper to raise the corresponing skill instead of raising just one skill. e.g. if you want bow to 90% raise bow to 30% than cross-bow to 30% than bow to 60% than cross-bow to 60 % than bow to 90%. This cost less skill points than just raising bow skill to 90% without spending any skill points on cross-bow. The same method applies to one-hand and tow-hand weapon skill.
If you have become a novize in order to become a magician, you need twice as much skill points to raise weapon and dexterity skills than as a paladin.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:24 pm
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

You're obviously not listening to me. Did you try the option of paying Gritta's debts for her? If not thats your best chance, try it!
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:31 pm