Strange thing with merchant and ore
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Minor Spoiler for those of you that can't get into the castle of the Old Camp -

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but When talking to the guy that sells swords next to the smithy on the inside of the castle a funny thing happened. I convinced him to sell me a weapon. Then when his inventory opened he had 800 ore...woohoo, I had been selling so much stuff that none of the other merchants had ore for me. So I go to grab ten lockpicks off of him, as soon as I move ten lockpicks off of him his ore amount changes from 800 to 2400, double woohoo! Now I can sell all my armor and the extra swampweed I've been taking from the guys in the swamp. After I had finished, I thought about it...could this be a bug, or perhaps since I bought lockpicks the game figures "hmm he's a thief, maybe he has more than 800 ore worth of stuff to sell". What do you all think? Anyone had anything like this happen before?

Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:25 pm
PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

LOL. That thief thing is a good one!
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:35 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

It happens a lot later in the game when merchants have over 10,000 ore on them. It shows 2000 or so until you move something on their inventory, then it changes to the correct ammount.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:23 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Ah, so it is a bug that it was showing too little ore. Good, so I don't have to feel guilty, thx.

Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:27 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Having alot of ore seems like a swell idea. But, to tell you the truth, I can't remember when I bought something with just ore. Ususally I'm trading all the junk that I have collected up until that point. I must have a ton of ore on me now.

Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:27 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

True for the most part, but there are two things left in the game that I can get only by using ore and they are also the most expensive things I've seen in the game (I'm a Mercenary so armor isn't free for me like it is with the Templars). So it was important for me to find some ore to trade for the multitude of items I have. Now that I have enough for the armor...you are right, I will never need ore again, or so it would seem, I am only in Chapter 2 so who knows what the future holds.

Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:38 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Trust me, it's not free for the Templars either...
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:07 pm