Weird monastary door
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Weird monastary door

there is a door that you get to by using the bridge that is also an elevator well once you get up there you see a door that says that it has a weird lock and cannot be picked. I wanted to know if you can open that door this early in the game or do you have to wait till later.
is the gagdeteer a worthy man to place in my group? I started a game a while ago and he was only doing 2-3 damage with his omnigun. Is he good?
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:30 am
tuckyboy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You'll figure out how to unlock that door later. You can leave it for now.

I have a gadgeteer - now level 14. She was terribly weak at first, but becomes more important at every level. I read where someone said a gadgie is the most interesting of all characters. I can't confirm this yet, but she isn't boring.
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:23 am
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

thanks man...thats a great help...cuz that door was annoying me..i didnt wanna leave it untouched...but i couldnt do anything about it...and also thanks for the gadgie tip
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:31 am
tuckyboy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Believe me, that won't be the only thing that bothers you in the game. You'll get used to seeing the words 'A specific item is required here' over and over. It's taken me a heck of a long time to figure out some of these things. What's your complete party composition?
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:37 am
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i have a dracon fighter. A dracon valkerie. A gnome gadgeteer. A mook archer. a human psych and a human priest. Thats it. its working out pretty nicely now. My psych is getting a lot of paralyze spells down nicely. Its working ok. but last night 2 of my chars died from 2 floating undead heads. It was so annying becasuse i didnt even have any ressurection powders. Oh well, saved a while back. what do you think of my group...my gadgeteer is the master of locks and stuff and i got the valkyrie as a main artifacts guy. i hope its all ok. this was i have mixed close and ranged combat and i have acces to the spells i need.
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:37 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

oh yeah they are all level four. also...can i kill that thief by the waters edge in the monastary? is he important. i dont like rats
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:44 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian Defender
i have a dracon fighter. A dracon valkerie. A gnome gadgeteer. A mook archer. a human psych and a human priest. Thats it. its working out pretty nicely now. My psych is getting a lot of paralyze spells down nicely. Its working ok. but last night 2 of my chars died from 2 floating undead heads. It was so annying becasuse i didnt even have any ressurection powders. Oh well, saved a while back. what do you think of my group...my gadgeteer is the master of locks and stuff and i got the valkyrie as a main artifacts guy. i hope its all ok. this was i have mixed close and ranged combat and i have acces to the spells i need.

Take a trip down the waterfall for some resurrection powder. Follow the water from the movable bridge!

Or find the key on the statue to the safe for more resurrection powder, also in the lower monestary
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:54 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
oh yeah they are all level four. also...can i kill that thief by the waters edge in the monastary? is he important. i dont like rats

Kill him if you like, he is not quest related, however his your only supply source until you reach Arnika. And asking him the right questions, he can actually give you a lot of hints on the outside world. Besides you need to come back to the monestary if you want to unluck all it's secrets, so it would be nice to have him around if the need to supply your inventory!
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:01 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

the key on the statue? what statue? also do you know if i can kill that rat thief?
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:03 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i see...well thanks for the tip. i only remember one statue. and when you click on it the bottom falls out and you take damage...is that the one?
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:04 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
i see...well thanks for the tip. i only remember one statue. and when you click on it the bottom falls out and you take damage...is that the one?

Yes, that's the statue. It has another click-sensitive area, which opens a panel on the wall in the same room, and that's there you find the key to the safe. Be carefull not to stay on the trapdoor again while you explore the statue again.
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:31 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

thanks i found it. it helped a lot...my priest is very weak and he died in a battle.
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:01 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

about priests...how good does their pray ability get?
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:08 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

thanks for any info!!!!
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:09 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The effectiveness of "pray" seems to be tied to the difference in level between your party and the monsters. The Gods are more likely to help a party that's truly in deep doo...

In the whole, "pray" is unreliable enough that your priest is better off doing something else during that round (IMO).
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:29 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next