Radius attack crash.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Radius attack crash.

Got this game last week, and I've been loving it so far, and it runs without problem, except when I try and target for ranged attacks that have a radius.

About 9 times out of 10, when I start moving that globe targeting thing, the game just crashes. No error messages just crashes. I've been trying to ignore it, but not being able to use fireball or bombs without re-loading 100s of times has become to much.

I've searched in a bunch of forums, including here, but can't find anything explaining it, and when I go to the official tech support forum, I just get a page that says 'Hacked by MSN terrorists' I have the patch, and newest drivers and all that.

I was hoping someone here could help me out with this?
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:04 am
otter
One of Us

Maybe there was a hiccup in the install, or it corrupted itself. Hide your saves and reinstall?
(i've never heard of that either, so that's all i would know to do)
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:00 am
shrewgirl
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Is this happening with any other games or programs? If so, it might be a windows problem or your virtual memory might not be enough...If you have XP you could go in and increase your page file size from default which is 0-200 or 300 to 300-1,000 and that will help out some...also change what you have running at start-up(close some stuff you see in your task bar; just DONT touch systray) if your virtual is just 128 or 256 or you don't want to change what you have at start up you might need to go over 256, up to 512...virtual memory is really cheap right now, you could probably go up to 512 for under $100. If reinstalling your game doesn't work and you don't have a windows problem you might consider upgrading the virtual, try the other stuff first.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:40 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Well thanks for the ideas, unfortumatly nothing worked.

It would be ok if I could save during combat, I don't mind the extra re-loading, but after almost finishing a 30 minute battle, only to have it crash on me while trying to throw a bomb, or use fireball, just takes the fun out of the game.

Ohh well, guess I'll have to shelve it, always sucks to have a good game ruined by a random glitch like that though...
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:59 pm
Sonicus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it's not a ramdom gligthe' it's happened on mine i reinstalled and the problem was fixed
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:16 pm
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

And in some cases it's the DirectX version you're running. I know most everyone, if not everyone, is running DX8 or better. I'm still using DX7, thus I have to run the game with the DX6 option so that it doesn't crash. (Ironic, I know).
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:11 pm