Oops I might have screwed myself! Newb in need of assistance
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Jooky
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oops I might have screwed myself! Newb in need of assistance

Hi there, I just picked up this game recently, and I *love* it! Morrowind was my favorite game, and I have been looking for something that gave me the same type of fun, I have bought pretty much every 3d rpg that has been released between Elderscoll's release, and now. I never even looked at gothic, I assumed it was about vampires and when i went to search it all I found was stuff in german so I never found out about it until now!
This is definately my new favorite game, Hell I am missing WoW raids to play it:p Now I gotta find a copy of gothic1!
But I ran into a silly problem. I'm a newb and I didnt understand what dueling was, and when I went to fight buster on my way to see my friend lee, I looted his weapon. And I guess some beasties came along and poor Buster didnt have his weapon, so yeah he is dead. As I am a mercenary now, the militia in town wont train me, so now I cant learn 1h weapons!! I really dont want to read any spoilers, so I appologize if this has been adressed a gazillion times but I dont want to know whats ahead of me, except to know if I can train anywhere else anytime soon, I have many orcs to slay and I doubt my %17 1h skill is going to cut it!
Thank you for your time.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:19 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Try Cord....the mervenary that trains all day long.U should find him near Onar's house(the right side of the house as you look towards the entrance)
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:31 pm
Jooky
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I wondered what he taught, he wont teach me anything all he says when I ask is "as long as you barely know how to swing a weapon your in the wrong place here"
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:19 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to our forum!

Cord will teach you when you´ve reached the 2nd stage of sword fighting. 30% or so.

Not that I remember who exactly the teachers are, but I think you have a number of options:

1. The sword fighter in the harbour district may be able to teach you something.
2. The paladins in the castle in the valley of mines have a more pragmatic approach than their comrades in Khorinis. Maybe you can find a teacher there.
3. Maybe you can find an NPC who will teach you somewhere in the woods. I don´t remember.

If all this doesn´t work you´re stuck. Then you have to choose between cheating and reloading.

Gothic is hard to find nowadays because the North American publisher is out of business. The good news is: the G2 add-on will be released in a few days.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:56 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah and when you install the addon the game becomes three times as hard

I don't remeber anyone in the woods that can teach you 1 handed I remeber a guy that can teach you bow though....
the only one I can say for certain is the guy behind the warehouse in the harbor district... try it from noon to dusk..

wow raids are overrated
Post Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:17 am
Jooky
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

heh I forgot about the guy who wanted to duel me in the harbor! I thought I needed to up my weapons skill before i could progress into the valley of mines as I kept getting destroyed by everything I fought but I finally said screw it and went on a stealth mission and found the castle! And afterwards when i was sent back to khorinis I ran into the 1h sword guy in the harbor so i am all set. Now I am a big bad dragon hunter and they can ask ME for training!
Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:42 am