Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Secret place in add-on with great items..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Secret place in add-on with great items..

No, not a joke - it's actually a reality.

I haven't seen anyone post about this place, so I'll do it now(haven't found any info on it on any site either). I assume that most of the add-on veterans have already found it, but to me(a newbie on the add-on) it's exciting news!

I spent about 4 hours finding out how to get there after realizing something was there. On your way to one of the 5 Houses(the one with all the zombies in it), look at the ruins to your left. The bridge is destroyed and there is no way over, but you can see a small blue light, which looks just like the light from the magic crossbow(it's a magic bow, similar to the crossbow, with 20 arrows).

To get over there, you have to go up on the montains to the left, over the whole thing untill you look down at the ruins(beware, there's two stone guardians there). The only way to get down is to transform into a Field Raider, and walk down(they don't take damage when they fall down, no matter how high the mountain is). To get back, you have to transform into a lurker, and jump over the destroyed bridge(they jump very far if you jump when you run).

Don't even ask how I managed to figure all of this out. Like I said, it took me 4 hours, but the items are worth it though:

Stone tablet +3(magic)
Stone tablet +1(2H weapon)
Magic bow(100 damage/50dex + 20 arrows)
Ruby Blade
Bunch of other stuff, like gold etc, but nothing more important.

If any of you know of an easier way to get over there, please let me know!
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:24 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maylander,

Man, you did it the hard way.

Anyway, to get over you there, you do have to start from the ledge above. However, I found that you can just do a running jump and get over there just fine. You may take some damage, but you'll get across.

To get back, all you have to do is eat some of the snapperweed (speed bonus) you find over there and do another running jump.

When I first played the addon, the only way I found to get back was to transform into a wolf and jump over. HOwever, many inisisted that you could use snapperweed so on my next playthrough I tried the snapperweed and after a few tries it worked.

BTW, its too bad that you don't find anymore magic arrows in the whole game. What you find in those ruins is all you get.
Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:19 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I know, but the whole magic crossbow thing is even worse. That crossbow is extremely good, but with 10 bolts you won't get far(I killed Raven with it, so it did help me out, but that's about the only thing I got to do with it).

Anyway, I spent most of the 4 hours running around on the right side of the ruins, trying to find a path over. I must have died 50 times or so from stupid jumps up there(started near the Eremit at first, and between the orcs and the troll on the second run), only to find out that there simply was no way across(I did find out a lot of cool things though, like how you can fall into the void, and end up walking in the sky, hehe, too bad there's no way of getting down without dying).

Oh well, at least I got +6 mana bonus for it. The bow and Ruby Blade is pointless, since I'm a magician.

Got any tips on Beliar's Claw runes? To me, they seem pretty bad all except the last one(instant kill might be okay if you're in serious trouble). I mean 30 mana for 100 damage? My ice lance spends 20 mana for the same damage. And Beliar's Rage? I hope this spell has got a few super functions I don't know about, because 200 damage for 100 mana is a total waste. The stone guardians are okay I guess, but not too tough later on. The zombies are, of course, way too slow. So, anything I've missed? Do they have some sort of special "Beliar" power when you cast them, which makes them better than other spells, or are they as bad as I think they are?
Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:25 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander

Got any tips on Beliar's Claw runes? To me, they seem pretty bad all except the last one(instant kill might be okay if you're in serious trouble). I mean 30 mana for 100 damage? My ice lance spends 20 mana for the same damage. And Beliar's Rage? I hope this spell has got a few super functions I don't know about, because 200 damage for 100 mana is a total waste. The stone guardians are okay I guess, but not too tough later on. The zombies are, of course, way too slow. So, anything I've missed? Do they have some sort of special "Beliar" power when you cast them, which makes them better than other spells, or are they as bad as I think they are?

I wouldn't know. I destroyed Beliar's Claw, hoping to smite evil. I did fool around with it a bit just to see how it worked, but eventually continued on with the path where I destroyed it and got the experience. I think you get powerful enough as the game goes on to take on anything -- claw or not.
Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:01 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

True, as a magician at least. The runes are pretty bad. The sword itself is VERY good once it reaches the higher levels, and the fact that you don't need a specific strength is great - it means that you can wield it as soon as you get it. I used it throughout the game with my dragon hunter, but destroying it is an option I'm considering with the magician. Maybe I'll get the stone guardian rune for now(useful against Seekers, first you iceblock them, then the stone guardian can kill them.. the magician himself is too weak to kill them even with 50 dex and a Rapier), and then destroy it later on.

I have another question though(I'll post it as a thread of its own if noone answers it in here). When, exactly, does Vatras stop to take old stone tablets and give mana for it? I saved up 19 out of 22 old stone tablets, killed Raven, got back, and he wouldn't take them. I lost over 20 mana because of that(he gives a VERY good mana bonus if you give him all stone tablets). I'm thinking of loading to get the bonus, but I don't know how far back.. ? I assume it's killing Raven, but Saturas said something about "these stone tablets are no good to us, the must be a more special kind", so that might be the point where Vatras stops taking the tablets as well... ?
Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:22 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maylander, best to start a new thread with this question. See, i haven't played the add-on as a mage yet (going to do that soon actually). In fact, I didn't even know he gave mana bonuses instead of experience for the stone tables. I played 1 and a half times as a palladin and didn't get this option..only the experience. So I guess its only for magicians.
Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:28 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

No, it goes for everyone, but you have to give him at least 10 stone tablets at the same time to get any mana bonus. The best is to give him all 22 at the same time. He gives a really nice mana bonus though, over 20 mana at most I think(28 to be accurate, if I'm not misstaken).
Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:32 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

As for the original topic, darn I knew it one could jump over! It just that even after nearly an hour of trying, I haven't been able to do it. I tried both of your methods, but failed miserbaly each time. Eventually, I gave up and finished the game without it...
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:50 am
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The first thing I tried was to transform myself in some animal and jump like that..Worked like magic
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:18 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

There's more then 22 stone tablets as such what you can gather. I don't remember anymore how many exactly, but I think I had some 23-24 in total when I gave them all to him. And yes, that's without the tablets you need to give to the dude under the bridge near the tavern on the way to Onar's farm/monastery. You DO need to give him at least one tablet right away, the one you get from Xardas, so that he will want them, otherwise if you keep collecting them and later try to do it, it'll be too late - he doesn't want them anymore as the temple's portal is activated and he knows about the stuff already. In any case, the mana bonus is quite nice and it's for every guild.

As for the "secret area", then yes, I saw it the first time I played the game. At first I tried to jump over the bridge, but I kept falling down due to being like 1 CM too short to land on other side, heh. 2 deaths like this. Then I looked around, looked up and thought "Damn, what a waste of time it was, considering that I can jump from above!". So I went onto the ledge above and jumped. Damage is relatively small you take and it's easy way to get over. Getting back was easier, as I made the jumps over the chasm more easily from that side.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:20 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have a thread about that annoying trigger. It seems that if you do not talk to Vatras about the stone tablets before you pick up the 5th of the coloured stone tablets, he'll simply ignore it. I just lost over 20 mana this way, and that's BAD as a magician. Oh well, better luck next time I guess, hehe. At least I now know of a way to get over to the ruins without too much trouble.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:50 pm