new total conversion - Ultima V - Warriors of Destiny
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Ultima

Author Thread
kevinfishburne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

new total conversion - Ultima V - Warriors of Destiny

I finally put up a site for the Morrowind mod I've been working on. A lot of updates for the site are in the works to reflect what I've accomplished so far. All are welcome! The address is http://ultima5.dyndns.org.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:28 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Is this one of the Ultima Morrowind mods that have been worked on for years now? I've lost track of them now. I know there was more than one but it is such as huge conversion task it's been years in the making. Shame the Fallout one never went ahead.

Get some screen shots up here so there is actually something worth seeing on the site. Everyone is going to be disappointed now as all they will see is a place holder. Announce a site when you have content, not before. Other than that, good luck with it. You will need it.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:23 pm
Corv
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

At the moment there are not lots but 2 Ultima mods in the making with the Morrowind engine which is Ultima Redemption and this new U5 project from Kevin. I guess you meant Redemption with "the one that have been worked on for yoears now" - its a Titans of Ether project since September 04.

Anyway, I wish you good luck Kevin!! I already posted on your site

TITANS OF ETHER
Creators of Ultima IX: Redemption and Ultima X: The New King
Post Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:36 am
Withstand the Fury
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, don't forget that Redemption has been "in the works" for a lot longer than just September '04! Although its current incarnation is vastly different than what it began as, Redemption has been around...man...it was born almost the same time as Eriadain. But that's another story for another day, and a larger quantity of beer is required to properly accentuate the mood.

As for Morrowind mods, there was ALSO a TC for Morrowind called...oh, what was it called? I forget. (EDIT: oh, yeah, it was called The Britannia MOD) The point is, it was an attempt to construct a map of Britannia (circa Black Gate) using the Morrowind engine, which other mod teams could then pick up and run with.

Is that what you mean, Fez?

WtFD
Administrator: The Orphanage
Post Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:20 am
kevinfishburne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Get some screen shots up here so there is actually something worth seeing on the site. Everyone is going to be disappointed now as all they will see is a place holder. Announce a site when you have content, not before. Other than that, good luck with it. You will need it.

Appreciate the advice, but it did have screenshots initially. Each of the main pages (at the top) has a separate index and starts with the introduction. You just had to click the "Mountains" link in the index on the left.

Anyway, the page has significantly more updates now and will have more soon. I'm on the brink of finishing the landscape creator and soon it will be populating the landscape with fields and forests.
Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:24 pm