Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
More High Elf Mage (Mage Sign) Leveling Tips?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Progress Report:

I'm about level 17 now and I've gone big time into Conjuring and making Summoning rings to support the habit .

My latest strategy is to automatically conjure a basic Skeleton before entering an area. They are cheap and dispensible - and whatever opponent is next gets a lite dose of shock damage to trigger my minion and usually preoccupy my opponent(s) for a few critical seconds.

Depending on what the opponent(s) are I then use the Frost Atronach or Fire Atronach rings (20 Seconds on self) I had made. If the Skeleton is still alive and engaged at this point my short lived Atronachs will engage instantly so the 20 seconds I have them for is not an issue. I just keep supplying the fodder after that.

One caveat - If quarters are tight I'll summon Greater Bone Walker instead using my own Magicka reserves to avoid getting killed by my conjured area of effect spells. I'll soon have a ring for that though!

Now, If things go well I'll circle around behind the attacker for the Soul Trap. I also like to hang back and pummel the opponents with Fire or Frost Damage to compliment the Atronach I've summoned.

So, using this strategy I was able to go through the Ghostgate and kick some butt and make even more rings. I love it! I'm pretty sure if I name the rings differently I can have multiples of each type - since I know for sure I can use a Frost Atronach Spell and the Ring version at the same time.

I have to start thinking about a Ranged Soul Trap. I created a 5 foot Soul Trap Silver Dagger (Cast On Use) using my lame Enchanting abilities. That was stupid since the Dagger is 8 pounds! Should have used a cheapo ring, but its along the right thought process.

I absolutely love this game and I'm totally obsessed now - especially after running across that uber cool Ghostgate! I absolutely love Gothic and now I can honestly say Morrowind is just as good and even better in some aspects.

Feedback Welcome!
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:42 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Neat!

Ranged Soul Trap is a good candidate for an early SpellMaker or Enchanted item.

Not sure if you knew this, but you can put more than one effect in a Spell or in an Enchantment. So you can make a spell/item that will instantly summon a skeleton, a lesser bonewalker, and a greater bonewalker. Instant Army of the Dead . It'll be pretty tough/difficult to cast, or if you're using an item will probably require a fairly high end one to hold and deliver the charge, so it might not be overly practical (your plan for multiple items is probably better)-- but the cool factor is kind of tough to beat.

BTW, if you're big into conjuring, there's a player developed plug-in that includes a bit of story line and the ability to have a summoned creature wander around with you forever (or until it gets destroyed). It's called something like 'Conjurer's Sanctuary' or 'Summoner's Sanctuary'.

Enjoy.
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:17 pm
Mashandar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some Info

If you like summoning so much, when you get stronger, find a golden saint
(female warrior in golden armour), soul trap into a grand soul gem and
when you go to make an enchantment, you can switch the effect to constant
effect, allowing you to make a ring that when equipped summons a creature
until it dies or the ring is taken off, which can be brought back at any time
by re-equipping the ring again.
Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:34 pm
Breton_mage
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Jup, and in that way you can summon multiple units continuos.... and if you have for example frost water and fire atronahces and demons and skelets you have a whole army without doing anything for it! Just enchant a ring, amulet and clothes/armor it's too easy for words!
Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:14 pm
weirdo2590
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

any1 ever trapped almalexia in azuras star it has 1750 charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:47 pm
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I won't say much, but the first stat you should try to max out is always endurance. If you completely ignored endurance, your health could just as well be half of that of the character that maxed it out at level 5 when you hit level 20. If you don't want to exploit the game's fortify skill limitless levelling trick, you'll want to at least get two x3 bonuses for your main stats (after endurance, of course) and one point into luck. Luck is the hardest attribute to raise, and for the most part you'll need to start putting one point a level into it at the latest around level 10.

I personally always make sure my character gets the best levelling possible, and as a result they usually get their stats maxed around level 52-53. There's usually another 20 levels of slack after that if you can't get it then.
Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:16 am
weirdo2590
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

a good thing to do is summon golden saints then soul trap them to make constant effext summonings.

just remember to take them of in towns.
Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:56 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2