Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Here's some advice on clearing the tomb near Onar's farm...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Here's some advice on clearing the tomb near Onar's farm...

OK, I know I've been posting here a lot recently so this story may seem old hat for some here. BUT... I refuse to leave chapter one until I have cleared out every living thing that is either beast or undead (and a few citizens I had to kill for some quests). That meant that I had to clear the tomb. A few people told me that it was impossible in chapter one so I knew I had to do it. So, at the moment I'm level 18 with 90str using the orc slaughter blade (65dmg 65str) and have 70% 1h and light merc armor.

First you should clear out the 3 skeletons just standing around, then comes the fun part. The key here is to begin to open the chest and as soon as you can close it and run to the opposite side of the tomb. Start with the chests on the two sides. Once you touch the chest 1 skeleton mage, 2 skeletons and 4 lower skeletons will appear all around the chest, ergo you have to get the hell out of there. If you do it right none of them should be alerted to you and you can pick them off one by one with careful luring. 1st take out the mage though and watch out for the ice block spell and be careful also because he will summon a skeleton if you don't kill him before he has a chance. Repeat this strat for the other side of the tomb also.

The hard part is the middle chest. Touch it and begin to open, as soon as you can close it and run to one of the sides of the tomb... NOT the entrance! Blocking the entrance are 2 skeletons and a Shadow Warrior Inubis (tough cookie). If you do this right, none of the undead should be alerted to your presence. Once you begin to walk out of the side you chose two new skeleton mages will appear at either side. Kill the one closest to you and then retreat back into the outcove on the side. The other two should follow you at least into the hallway so you can take them out. If the middle one does not follow you be careful when you approach so as to not activate the million evil guys. Once all the mages are dead, creep over to the wall opposite the entrance to the tomb. If you creep properly you should be able to lure the skeletons guarding the entrance away one by one. Then lure the Shadow Warrior Inubis away and take care of him. Lastly there will be the 2 skeletons and 4 lower skeletons to worry about in the main chamber of the middle chest. Lure them away just like you did when clearing the side chambers. TA DA! You have just cleared the tomb in chapter one!
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:40 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Won't being so strong make the rest of the game boring?
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:37 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I was told by some other people on the forum that all the orcs in chapter two would kick my ass around the room and so I decided to level up a bit more. I was told that level 16 was too low to take on the orcs in the valley of mines so I need the extra power to get though that chapter. I guess that was incorrect?
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:48 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I was level 12 when I entered the Valley, and there are almost no Orcs left around the castle. I'm 14 now, I think.

Spoiler:

I've also slaughtered about 50 Lizard Men, and cleaned out the entire New Camp except for the dragon.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:51 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

You can be lvl5 and still fight orcs with some success. It`s just harder- maybe much harder. But even lvl 16 can have problems with them if he will be caught by three elites.There is no too low or too high level in Gothic2 to do something. Sometimes only our skills make it very hard or even impossible - but if in the begining You will not invest in hunting skills thief`s skills, alchemy and focus only on one kind of weapon and one atribute - its possible to become very deadly very quickly. I didn`t do so cause in my opinion such approach does not allow me to explore max from the game, but...
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:45 pm
kilmar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Was there anything good in those chests? I got my behind handed to me when I went in there at level 11...
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:39 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I'm going to have to try your method, mine was MUCH more brutal hehe. I'd open/loot the chest and run like hell back out of the tomb. The skeles will follow, but you can slay them as they climb up to you:)

My first, and only, time thru the game I played as a dragonslayer and overdid the character building. When I went to the prison colony i had little problem killing even multiple threats, especially when I had Biff tagging along. I don't remember having a reload after I got back from the prison my first trip. Next time I'm going to diversify my early training more to help balance out the play. May be THIS time I won't have 80 LP's left at the end, even after max'n everything out :/

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:08 pm
Maxal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

On other hand you can use crypt as place where to get unlimited exp, as mages always cast one of freezing spell and then summon. Each skeleton is 220 exp, so its pretty decent (though hard) exp.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:16 pm
Ishamael
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I went there once when I was a low level and got killed in like one slash
I went back in the end of chapter 5 as level 34 or so ... was the last thing I killed in the world not counting the Island ... its one of the most difficult places imho ... Skeleton Mages with Ice Block suck and are hard to evade in such a small place.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:31 pm
netloss
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Was anyone else disappointed with the treasure (or lack thereof) in this tomb? I at least expected something incredible on the body of the lich lord dude. Instead, the best thing down there is a Sorrel, which you can just grab without fighting anything.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:45 pm
Wicked Noble
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Iv always liked Bow better than all other weapons and theres a quite simple way with bow too..
just lure them to entrance.. and jump up two or all stairs and stan exactly where them would jump up after you where you still can seee the botton.. Fire away and they will be knockd down every time they are close to you..
Some of them like not even be able to hit you at all *hæhæ

This will ofcourse work best if you lure one at the time.

= no buggy

I know that It wont be all the same then Inubis spawns.. but iv become reather good at evating blows.. thing I dit was lure them to me.. get them after you.. in a side room and run a circle in there and come out "on top" sot-a-speak ( lure'd all but Inubis that way first time) and just ran by him and jumpd up.. and yeehaa you on top again.. FIRE AWAY SILVER !!
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:50 pm
Nicolas
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Simple... (for Paladins)
Banish Evil.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:04 pm