HELP ME I need help in the first Dwemer Ruin HELP ME
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Skarlah
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

HELP ME I need help in the first Dwemer Ruin HELP ME

Where is the puzzle box found in the first Dwemer Ruin beside Balmora? It is called Ansthand or Angrstand or something to that effect. I have searched everywhere Nordly possible, and cannot find it for the life of me. Please Help,

Skarlah
Post Sat May 04, 2002 9:35 pm
Zretch

PuzzleBox

Have you fought the Boss yet? It's in his room on a shelf.

It's very near the beginning of the mines. Go down the ramp all the way to the bottom. (The first ledge you get to isn't the bottom) Then go across the open ground and up the boulders that form a ramp opposite. Enter the door, kill the Boss, get the box.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 11:24 pm

Dmitry the Wizzy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It is near the beginning.

After you go down the first ramp and hit bottom in front of you will be three doors all leading to the next part of the mines. DON'T GO IN!!!

Look up... ooooh look another gallery above those DOORS!!!

Over to the left are some rocks... climb the rocks to the second gallery and there is a door up there leading to the room with the mine gang boss guy (toughish fight) and the box is on a shelf in that room.

GOOD GOD! This killed me! I explored all the mine only to discover that it was right in the beginning. I hope this saves you all some agita.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:58 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

The puzzle box

Thanks for the info, these ruins were driving me nuts.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 6:44 pm
pentagon

can you please help me ? I think i killed the boss, on that room with 2 shelves, 1 with 3 rusty clogs, the other with some hammers, and a big clog in the middle of the shelves, and a steam machine in the middle of the room. Is this the correct room? i searched all the shelves precisely, but really can't find it.javascript:emoticon('')
javascript:emoticon('')
Post Sun May 26, 2002 3:55 am

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Sounds like the room to me. The cube is obscenely small, and I missed it the first time through... only noticed it when I went on a big comb. It's on the lowest or second-lowest one of the shelves, I think.

BTW, don't leave until you collect the awesome chunks of Dwemer armor behind the locked door I used that axe until, uh, I found a better one.

-Matt
Post Sun May 26, 2002 4:27 am

I have made it through the locked doors (already found the puzzle box, but like to explore) but cant seem to touch those ghost things. At level 3 I can kill the centurion-things, but not the ghosts. Can't even touch them...get some message that your weapon has no effect or something. Do I have to use some kind of magic on them? Or am I just too low a level to be messing with them?

Thanks for any info.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:00 am

kill ghosts

try magic, the fire kind worked. they can also be affected by dwarven weapons- there are some of that kind around (quite heavy though)
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:19 pm

Dryden

Puzzle Box

For some reason, I can't pick up the puzzle box (and I can't open the locked door).

Thanks in advance!
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:03 pm

Dryden
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hm... oops maybe?

I'm supposed to kill four theives in a cave south of a city... am I even in the right place?
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:11 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

nope
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:52 pm