Usergroups
I want an expack for MW.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Gaming-Module

I want an expack for MW.

And this is what I want in it.

-Greatly expanded quests. Make the vampire clans have two to three times as many quests as they currently do. Also, imcrease number of house quests by at least 33%.
-Race specific factions. Currently you can get by the game with loads of gameplay with joining one guild, one house, either the legion or temple, and a few option factions like a vamp clan or the something like the Twin lamps. I would like to see some groups that only allow Argonians, or a Wood elf only clan/faction.
-More dungeons.
-More armor types.
-More monsters. There needs to be at least 2-3 more underwater creatures, and probably 4-5 more land creatures.
-Night and day cycles. If I'm paying $29.99 for an expansion pack, this had better damn well be included. The other things I mentioned are pretty simple. It isn't hard to use the editor to expand the amount of quests or create a few new factions. News monster and armor are pretty easy too. THIS is the coup de grace for me. This is what would EARN that $29.99 IMO. And it wouldn't be hard from a financial standpoin with the extra revenue they are bringing in.

Don't get me wrong. I think for fifty bucks I got my money's worth, but I just want more and feel paying for it isn't such a terrible thing.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 9:00 pm

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Everything you said CAN be done with the Elder Scroll Construction kit. (Well, I don't know about the day/night cycle). However... will anyone ever use it to its full potential? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sun May 26, 2002 9:45 pm

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
Everything you said CAN be done with the Elder Scroll Construction kit. (Well, I don't know about the day/night cycle). However... will anyone ever use it to its full potential? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

That's where the devs come in. If they truly believe in their game, they will keep building on what they already have.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 10:10 pm

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I think a developer ExPack would be a definate good thing, but it would have to actually improve gameplay, not just add a few more quests, i liked your idea about race specific factions though, i'll have to try that in the editor

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Sun May 26, 2002 11:02 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

Do you even think they'll come out with an expack or will they just rely on US to build or own things... personally I think that user made expansions are more imaginative, but obviously MW was created by some folks with some imaginative capabilities... personally I'd like them to introduce a new continent or landmass such as argonia or perhaps breton that would at the same time be "doable" in a short time period, that's why I believe these two areas could be done pretty easily by someone with alot of construction kit skills. Hell, they haven't even released the first patch so I think we'll have a while to wait before we see any official addon information.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 11:34 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Well, the editor can do that stuffs. But i wan't an official expansion, since i call all plug-ins cheats.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 11:41 pm
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

I think the Construction Set was included for A reson, not for many reasons. That one reason being: if you don't like it - make it the way you like it.

If you REALLY want something to be totally or remotely different within the game - change it. Or wait for someone else to change it for you.

EDIT: Can't for the life of me imagine why an expansion pack would be released (or made?) as all the tools used to make this game are allready at use by the very same people that bought this game...
Post Sun May 26, 2002 11:44 pm
kenny

multiplayer...

Morrowind needs multiplayer capabilities, nuff said
Post Sun May 26, 2002 11:47 pm

LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Kenny, go get killed.

If you want multi this is not the game for you.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 11:49 pm
Gaming-Module

Sure, I could go hunt down a bunch of plugins made by the community, but there would be great value to a "compiliation CD" with various Dev made mods in addition to certain community mods that have been tweaked and "approved" by the devs.

Of course, the sum of all of the included plug ins would have to be such that the game's roster of things to do and find is increased by at least 30-40 percent and one or two major changes to the world would have to be made.

It just bothers me that this game's world is less convincing than Gothic's. I fired up Gothic again today and played a bit. Then went back to MW and it was no contest in the ambience department. MW needs scripted "routines", no doubt about it. I don't even really care about more realistic reactions when stealing, just have everyone sleep at night at the very least. Have doors lock, etc. "Tasks" would be nice, such as the local armorer smelting metal into plates for some new gear, or the local clothier at a sewing machine in his shop, or a jeweler studying various jewels with an eye piece only to remove the eye piece, set it down, and greet you when you approach. Unfortunately I doubt this can be easily done without seriously recoding the entire game.

I thought the world was VERY convincing and animated until after you leave the Tax and Excise office in Seyda Neen. Maybe it was that the NPC's talked to you more up until that point, but after walking off that boat and out of those offices, the world just seemed to die down a bit for me.

Things need improving for sure though.

Especially since Gothic 2 is coming out with a world that is 5 times larger than the original. That is some serious competition to MW and it will be out by yearend.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 12:13 am

LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Dear Guest:

As you think the coming of Gothic 2 will be competitive, maybe you shoul hold on untill it comes? Or maybe find those good things about this game that you play - and yet mock on its puny mistakes?
Post Mon May 27, 2002 12:20 am

I wanna fight emperor crabs!
Post Mon May 27, 2002 12:38 am

ogre

Yes...emperor crabs !...Bethesda should release an expansion pack which would add just the crabs....
Post Mon May 27, 2002 12:55 am

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The only reason i could think of for the Devs to make an Expansion Pack would be because most people cant do 3d modeling and such, even if they just came out with a CD of textures, sounds (need better sounds!!), and some new skins and models i'd pay for it

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Mon May 27, 2002 1:07 am
DarthBryy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The thing is, is that this is an RPG.
It's not multiplayer, and even if it was, it would suck greatly because of its single player path.
To have an expansion pack to a seemingly endless RPG is really odd to me. Either make another game, or put it on a seperate island or something, but to add new things into an already existing Morrowind is just a crappy idea, and I think we all know this.

And until I get the hang of the TES, I'm at the gates of Computer Game Heaven....
Post Mon May 27, 2002 2:05 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next