Usergroups
G3 -- will Lee have his revenge?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

There are no doupts that Lee will take his revange.Anyway I'll folow him cause the king is getting on my nerves.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:08 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

First, by current information there will be no G4, as Piranha Bytes (G1&2 developers) have announced already that the game is a trilogy. And last I checked, "trilogy" means 3 parts

Second - revenge isn't as one-sided as many here see it. Lee does not harbor any love towards the Rhobar, because it was Rhobar's order which put him into the colony. At the same time, if you did pay attention to Lee's talk in G1, he said that it were other people in Rhobar's court who set him up, so that he got blamed for queen's murder. All evidence was placed so, that Lee got framed and punish for such a crime was death. Rhobar in a way saved Lee, because he said that Lee has helped the kingdom for a long time and is, basically, a hero for the kingdom, and managed to push through the sentence to send Lee into colony, rather then execute him. Thus, while Lee hated getting into the colony and does bear grudge agains the Rhobar, in a way, as well, he isn't really pissed off completely at the Rhobar, but mostly pissed off at the people in his court. Don't take Lee for a stupid person, whom he is not, he's not going to just walk into the court and start killing.

Also, while Lee doesn't like some court members for what they did, he does love his country. For that country he fought many battles, and won battles what no one believed him win. Do you really think that someone like Lee would just sit in some dark corner and plot his petty revenge, while his homeland gets run over and destroyed by orcs and whomever else? My personal quess is that once Lee is back on mainland, word of his return will go around and many people will come to him, to join him, and maybe Lee will eventually start fighting back against the orcs, and knowing how good leader and general he is, he'll win eventually. He's a good example to people and they will be glag and happy for him leading them.

These are all just speculations, of course, we'll see it eventually. But don't look at the things in such a simple way, things aren't black and white, and Lee isn't an idiot either. I personally think that Lee will play quite a big and important role in the game, and together with the main hero, they'll fight back and one day, win the war and free Myrtana, but if it is so and how it will be, remains to be seen. But in any case Lee's story will advance in G3, as he's one of the KEY figures of the whole Gothic serie. If he wasn't, he'd be gone already from the game, like Gomez or Y'Berion or Corristo.
Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:44 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

some good points there, Whailor. indeed, the king sent him to the colony, but Lee also said he only did it because he had no choise. maybe he knew Lee was innocent, but how could he prove it?.
I like the part about his followers very much, and there is a very good change things will work out that way. but then it would be to easy for you to join. for such a guild you wouldn't need any permission, because you are with Lee, and you are very good friends. maybe he will get a group when you are on a quest(s) and when you come back, so many have joined so that you have to prove yourself, becuase they don't know you yet. anyway, I think the Lee would play a big part indeed, fighting against the orcs. but I also think you will meet Rhobar, if he is still alive (in GII you heard rumors about his death... at least, that's what I thaugth).
Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:34 pm
Imago Storm
Dremora
Dremora

Lee will be in Gothic III I guess, but I won't be on his side for sure (unless 'his' path was mandatory, and then I'd be POed). Lee may have been a nice chap, but I didn't like the rogues/mercenaries in GI/II, lawless riff-raff all .
Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:10 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think of General Robert E. Lee from our civil war... arguably the most respected general in American history. hmmm.... what would he do?
Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:44 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I think that Lee's fait is already decided in Piranha labs...and we all might have a big surprize about that.
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:30 pm
SpaZZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

now whailoer have said it as i did, there won't be a G4 so to all of you who was very rude to me...how about an apology ?
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:11 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You've got to be kidding me.... really.

Anyways, just because they said it was a trilogy doesn't mean they won't make a fourth. The fourth depends solely on the popularity of Gothic 3. Anything can happen.
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:51 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Rubix³
The fourth depends solely on the popularity of Gothic 3.

No, not really. I would say it depends on whether the developers feel like it, or not.
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:39 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

probably it will depend on both, if the sales are good the devs will want to develop nr 4 if they not alreayd feeled like it, and if they feeled like it and the sales of G3 would be bad, that wouldn't wnat to make it anymore lets hope on the 1st option
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:45 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by hwfanatic
No, not really. I would say it depends on whether the developers feel like it, or not.

And this depends on the sales of Gothic 3.

?
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:05 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

The developpers said that a fourth was't planned for the near future. They wanted to go for other projects first. So although the triology story is true in a way, a fourth isn't as impossible as you think, spaZZ.

About Lee and fractions. Didn't the devs said anything they wanted to change the system of joining guilds? I didn't like the sound of that, but I still remember it. -> You can join Lee for a time and after that join the King.
NFG member
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:41 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maybe there won't be a #4. But you have to admit that there's an awful lot of story ground to cover in #3 if its going to really close the trilogy:

- Resolution of Lee's Story
- The Orc War: Fate of the Kingdom
- Closure to Diego, Milten, Lester, Gorn
- The motivations of the 3 gods: Innos, Adonos, Beliar
- Misc. fates of the other convicts: Scorpio, Thorus, Cavalorn, etc..
- Xardas
- UrShak's rise to power?
- And finally -- *YOU*... or will that remain a mystery (fine with me actually)

There's just too much ground to cover in one game without it feeling rushed, forced, diluted.

I get the feeling that there will be at least 1 add-on to part #3 to really close up all these story threads.

Then again, who says we HAVE to close them up? Maybe just pick a few and leave to rest for us to ponder and imagine...

EDIT: Looking at the list again, I guess it's not impossible to have a deep story that weaves all these together. No doubt G3 will be VERY EPIC. I just don't want it too try to tell too much and loose focus.

I still think there is going to be an addon that will sort of be like Throne of Bhaal -- "THE FINAL CHAPTER"...etc...
Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:45 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

well, Thorus and Scorpio were killed by me in chapter 6 (there he was mortal) so I guess that won't a be a problem anymore
but the other points you mentioned were quite good, indeed. the two which I want to know most are the Resolution of Lee's story and The Orc War.

but back to Lee, maybe there is a possiblity you and Lee will both join a guild or something. indeed, it sounds impossible, but it also sounds cool to me.
Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:37 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, I killed Lee in Gothic 1, yet he reappeared in Gothic 2. You killed Thorus in Gothic 1 yet
Spoiler:
he reappeared in G2NotR.
. So there actually is no reason why Scorpio shouldn't reappear in G3! He was one of my favorite characters in G1, and I'd like to see him again.

As for Lee, he was a bit of a wuss, yet quite nice. With the huge fan base he's got I doubt he won't be in G3. If his plotline will be resolved in G3 is another story.

As for G4, as has been said before it
a) depends on the success of G3 and
b) at least parts of PB would like to work on another game project after G3 provided they get the chance to do so.
Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:58 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next