RPGDot Network    

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stuck on Demon in Akbaa's Temple
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Psoleko
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuck on Demon in Akbaa's Temple

Hi all I just picked up Arx a day ago and dove right in to it. So far I find it very challenging a surprise from what I expected. I am wondering if my character is too weak because the demon summoned in the meteor room just thrashes me. I read through some other stragtegies and tried getting him stuck to no avail. I am using a poisoned Sabre with a CC of 54, I can get usually about 10 shots on him before I get blindsided. Any suggestions or tips, not at my wits end yet but need a break after trying for an hour
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:31 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Make sure you have a lot of life potion. In battle you can hit the "H" key to drink the potion. Then attack and retreat until you kill it.

I couldn't get it stuck either. I just attacked until I was at half life then hit "H" to drink the potion then kept attacking and running away. It took some time but it worked and I never died.

~T
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:53 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

This is one of the toughest battles in the game, so you might not be ready for it. A couple of fireballs to soften it up helps, and keep your finger poised over that H key. That's how I did it!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:39 am
Psoleko
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Silly me

Thanks for the advice upon reading it , I was struck with a thought. I had used all my potions earlier on the priest with the golem heart, but luckily I quicksaved before the demon. Time for a quick trip back to Arx, it never occured to me to do that, I really thought I was stuck.
Thanks again, time to go roast me some demon.
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:19 pm
Psoleko
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I ran back to Arx got some life potions and then headed back to visit the demon. Of all the silly luck, we begin fighting and this time he gets stuck..lol. To my dismay I hadn't been watching my sabre's durability and broke it
So, I literally beat the Demon to death with my bear hands. But luck goes both ways I guess as when I entered the Goblin level again, a Goblin Lord I pummeled happened to have a sabre on him.
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:09 pm
dave9
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

yes this is abit of a toughy at this stage of the game i somehow managed to back my self up against the side of the wall and to my surprise the pink flying demon could not touch me a big bit of luck me thinks then all i did was to keep hitting him with my sword. cheers dave.
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:26 pm