Help needed. Sea Chart Code
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Fabio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help needed. Sea Chart Code

Hi everyone, been following these forums ever since I got Gothic 2 though I never posted, but I am now in the desperate need of aid.

Could anyone tell me what is the code I need to create a new Sea Chart to Isle of Irdorath? I stupidly sold it off thinking I wouldn't need it anymore and now I cannot find it anywhere so now I cannot move on to Chapter 6. I already searched on gamefaqs but they didn't show the code for it.

And one other minor thing. Who has the key for the northern gate tower to your right when you exit the town of Khorinis? Can he be pickpocketed like the rest or must you beat him down? Thanks in advance.
Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:07 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

1. sorry.. never happend to me.. dont know the cheat...
2. No.. you dont need to beat anybody up.. if you are talking about what i think then you need to pickpocket a millitia man..
3. WELCOME TO RPGdot.. (even tough you are here for some time..)
Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:19 pm
Fabio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Seems as though this militia man slipped through my fingers then. Any idea then on an alternative way to find this code. How do people find out the codes for weapons, scrolls, etc. I might have to find out as they do.
Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:32 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Fabio
Could anyone tell me what is the code I need to create a new Sea Chart to Isle of Irdorath?

You can buy it back, if you remember who the merchant is. Can you re-load a previous save game without losing too much experience?

Use the cheat as your last resort. Anyway, the code for the seamap is ITWR_SEAMAP_IRDORATH

quote:
Who has the key for the northern gate tower to your right when you exit the town of Khorinis? Can he be pickpocketed like the rest or must you beat him down?

One of the city guards has it, and yes, you can pickpocket him. Try pickpocketting anyone who is wearing the militia uniform.

quote:
How do people find out the codes for weapons, scrolls, etc. I might have to find out as they do.

HornOx and Aasgeier compiled a list of item codes in German, and linkitch merely translated it into English and posted his list on his website

Or, if you know enough about programming languages, you may decipher the Gothic.dat file from <Gothic2>\_work\Data\Scripts\_compiled folder.

Hope this helps.
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:07 am
craptor
Village Leader
Village Leader

wambo has the key for that tower
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:31 am
Fabio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thankyou all for your help. Hopefully this afternoon I shall finish this game and start hoping that the english add-on comes out soon.
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:36 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

One way of finding out codes is to already have the object, drop it on the ground, enter Marvinmode and type 'edit focus' in the console when the object is higlighted. You then get a window with its stats, including the name wich is situated in the uppermost part of said window.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:58 pm