Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Got my copy this afternoon... This game totally rocks!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Maybe a level around the twice in numbers like level 10-12 would make it a bit easier, or at least possible to get through.
In the demo I remember something about an invisible drink, maybe this can help you through to the next town if it exist! Sorry for my blurry memory!
What I try to say, is that I have heard from other players who actually managed to get to the first town, and they really enjoyed the accelleration of the history and gameplay from there.
I guess it's to late to pursuade "Hawkwind" to continue (or try again, he deleted the savegames), but I guess I still will give it a try. I may end up in the same mood as Hawkwind towards this game, but it's so far between the really good looking 1. person RPG's now a days, that I at least should give it a try. Maybe they even release a patch, which reduces the number of random encounters, before the game arrives to my little country. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2001-11-30 03:22 ]
Post Fri Nov 30, 2001 9:21 am
Hawkwind
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On 2001-11-30 03:21, Michael C wrote:
Maybe a level around the twice in numbers like level 10-12 would make it a bit easier, or at least possible to get through.

Oh, I made it *through* a few times...that's not impossible. But EVERY SINGLE TIME you want to travel - say you found out you needed to do something, or get something from the other town - well, my god - maybe you'll get back there a year from now.
quote:

In the demo I remember something about an invisible drink, maybe this can help you through to the next town if it exist! Sorry for my blurry memory!

Well, if there was an endless supply of that maybe....but it probably only was good for a one time use, and I doubt it would last very long. No, I am all for the "cleaning them out" type of RPG, where you actually feel some accomplishment when you're done. That was probably my biggest issue with the game - the feeling that you are never really GETTING somewhere.

==Hawkwind==
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 12:52 am
Rangstrom
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Don't forget the portal spell. I found one set of books for it when I was still at level 10.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:56 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Okay, I got the game. To my big surprise it arrived in Denmark friday 8/12-2001 without any announcements anywhere!
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 9:16 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I went through this frustration early on when traveling between areas. I died a lot, had to re-load a lot, had thoughts of throwing my computer out the window a lot, etc. In sum, yes the beginnings of this game can be VERY frustrating; expect to reload a lot. Reload early if you sense a battle isn't going your way, because battles can last upwards of 10 minutes early on. Just try again and think things through is my advice, but again it can be very frustrating.

But I stuck with it, developed a well rounded party, and now my characters plow through those monsters that travel between areas like a hot knife through butter, it's very gratifying.

My characters have hit a pretty nice stride in this game, and I'm loving every minute of it.

However, yes, I did give it up for a few days early on because it can be frustrating, but after about 15 hrs gameplay, things started to click. Also, my decision to train 2 of my characters in 'Pole' weapons paid off big time. Give Vi a polearm and put her in the middle of the party just for the fun of it.....

[ This Message was edited by: Sir Markus on 2002-02-10 17:59 ]
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:13 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2