Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do you have parties or mules in Multiplayer ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Kodiac

How do you have parties or mules in Multiplayer ?

Ok, i think this is a great game!!! Everything is sweeet....
But umm....
can you get mules in multiplayer coop ?
can each character have parties/groups of chars in mulitplayer or is each player limited to one character each ?
can you recruit new members in multiplayer or are u stuck with the one u start with ?

If you can't do any of the above that a pretty big down side for multiplayer
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:27 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

You can be just alone.

But that is not down side. It is multiplayer, for multiple users. Not for your party. You can go with big party of your friends but if you imagine that everyone will have party, it will make technical details of multiplayer really difficult (for example it will be problem for your connection speed).

Well I do not think it make much sence to allow people to make parties in multiplayer, but just my opinion.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:37 am
Kodiac

Yeah..

But why cant we have a mule ? Why cant we have a group...say with 2 users playing coop with one character each...thats a bit lame. You should be able to be in the same team and have multiple characters, like baldurs gate ??
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:45 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

You can play with other friend in cooperation. That is mane thing in multi. I do not even know if it is possible to attack other players.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:53 am
Kodiac

Yeah u can

Yup, you can attack other playes if u turn PVP on. You can use the single player map or the multiplayer one. So if u use the single player one why cant it be like the single player rules...like, have a tribe of characters...even a mule or two.
Damnit lol it sucks playing the whole game with 2 characters (1 each) when its based around having 8.
Oh well...ill live, thanks for the input though!
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:21 am

vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

FYI, there is also a mini mod that doubles the player inventory for multiplayer, for those who wish they had a mule. I know it would be nice (I fill my inventory with potions and still usually have to turn around halfway for more), but as of yet I've left my game un-modified.

-vaticide
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:23 pm