View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
iccohen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Getting the idol in Martens Bluff

Hello All-

I have been searching all over for the idol in the fort (upper level), but I cannot find the idol to bring back to Trynnie. I have a feeling its in the room with the steel door (if you walk past the fron entrance, past the eleveator down), but I can't figure out hopw to get past it.

Anyone have an idea, or a good hint?

Thanks,

-iccohen
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:43 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Enter Lower Martin's Bluff through the Mine Tunnels.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:55 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It was my biggest problem in whole game - to find this idol. It took me long time before I realized that there are two ways to enter Martans Bluff, each leading to different parts of it.
Post Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:22 pm
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
It was my biggest problem in whole game - to find this idol. It took me long time before I realized that there are two ways to enter Martans Bluff, each leading to different parts of it.

Mine too. I don't know why SirTech couldn't have just been nice and connected the two parts together so you could access the Idol from the MB entrance.
Post Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:41 pm
otter
One of Us

They left that for us to do: Open the iron door down the hall from the T'rangaporter (opens onto the backyard, around from the catapult). Then you can get anywhere in MB/LMB from either entry. But you have to start from the Mine Tunnels to do it all in one go-through.
Post Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:33 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes and that is the main problem - to realize that there are two entrances to Martens Bluff :].
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:49 pm
otter
One of Us

Heh, the other thing i missed the first coupla times through is the second place to use the Pulse Pick...makes it much easier to get around.
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:27 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

You can also use the Trang arm on the hand-switch to open that one.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:51 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
You can also use the Trang arm on the hand-switch to open that one.
I never thought to use the pulse pick there. The hand print made the arm so obvious to me, I never knew there was an alternate solution.
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:57 am
otter
One of Us

Not the T'rang-hand door. The funny-looking bit of wall on the same wall as Z'ant's little window. (if you come from the Storage Area, it's the end of that short, narrow hall accross from Z'ant's little cubby)
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:51 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by otter
Not the T'rang-hand door. The funny-looking bit of wall on the same wall as Z'ant's little window. (if you come from the Storage Area, it's the end of that short, narrow hall accross from Z'ant's little cubby)

Eh, I am little bit lost. I have not good enough memory for such details :].
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:11 pm
otter
One of Us

If you come in from the Mine Tunnels and open the right-most storage room with the Pulse Pick, you find its back wall is broken through, and Z'ant is in there with a bunch of equipment. Instead of going to the right to meet Z'ant, you can go left and you'll go up a little narrow ramp to a dead-end with bits of color and sort of vieny looking texture. This is a door you can unlock with the Pulse Pick.
If you come in from the Raven-Crusher via the Elevator, you can talk to Z'ant through his little window. If you go to the right-hand corner of that same wall, there's the other side of the door detailed above. (since you can get a Pulse Pick from the Umpani, it is possible to open all of LMB/MB coming from the Swamp entry.)
(Edit)This is all lengthwise accross the Elevator room from the T'rang-hand door.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:21 am