Usergroups
Questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm trying to find the answer to a couple of questions. I have read the manual and searched several boards, but I'm either blind or the answers just aren't out there. Any help would be appreciated.

1. When you change professions will you be able to use the skills of your previous professions? For example will the Bard I change to Gadgeteer still be able to play musical instruments?

2. Is there any way to turn down the gore factor? I'd prefer to not see blood trails and exploding bodies.

Thank you.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:59 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Firs, let me welcome you here .

quote:

1. When you change professions will you be able to use the skills of your previous professions? For example will the Bard I change to Gadgeteer still be able to play musical instruments?

Yes, ofcourse. But some of his/her skills will be locked. I mean skills that first proffesion had and second does not.
With locked I do not mean that you will not be able to use them, but you will not be able to advance in them.

quote:

2. Is there any way to turn down the gore factor? I'd prefer to not see blood trails and exploding bodies.

I do think it is possible. But I will try to look for solution.
However interesting idea .

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-04-06 08:06 ]
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:05 pm
Mage_77
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

Mage_77 is shocked beyond belief

The exploding bodies are part of what makes the game.

-------------------------------------
Dont believe everything you hear - Sleep IS over-rated.

[ This Message was edited by: Mage_77 on 2002-04-06 09:32 ]
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:24 pm
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[quote]
On 2002-04-06 09:24, Mage_77 wrote:
quote:

Mage_77 is shocked beyond belief

The exploding bodies are part of what makes the game.

However, it doesn't work for the little set. I'd prefer the young'ens not play games that include exploding bodies until they're at least 13.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:18 pm
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[quote]
On 2002-04-06 08:05, Danicek wrote:
Firs, let me welcome you here .

quote:

Yes, ofcourse. But some of his/her skills will be locked. I mean skills that first proffesion had and second does not.
With locked I do not mean that you will not be able to use them, but you will not be able to advance in them.

quote:

I do think it is possible. But I will try to look for solution.
However interesting idea .

Thanks for your help. I was hoping that would be the case. It was the only way I could figure out how to get a Bard and a Gadgeteer in the same game, and you don't really need both
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:20 pm
Motoki
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

But keep in mind bard and Gadgeteer items require a level in that class to use. So say an instrument or gadget requires you be level 18 to use it, that means you have to be level 18 bard or level 18 gadgeteer to use it, so even if you class changed a level 18 character to a bard or gadgeteer, when you class change your level for that class starts at one. In other words, the game keeps track of what level you reached in each class separately as well as keeping track of your character's total level as a whole.

For example. I can be level 26 character, with a level 16 fighter, 8 mage, and 2 as a gadgeteer. Even though my character level is 26, since my gadgeteer level is only 2 I am not going to be able to use most gadgets since they require a higher gadgeteer level than that.

-MO
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 2:10 pm
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2002-04-07 09:10, Motoki wrote:
But keep in mind bard and Gadgeteer items require a level in that class to use. So say an instrument or gadget requires you be level 18 to use it, that means you have to be level 18 bard or level 18 gadgeteer to use it, so even if you class changed a level 18 character to a bard or gadgeteer, when you class change your level for that class starts at one. In other words, the game keeps track of what level you reached in each class separately as well as keeping track of your character's total level as a whole.

For example. I can be level 26 character, with a level 16 fighter, 8 mage, and 2 as a gadgeteer. Even though my character level is 26, since my gadgeteer level is only 2 I am not going to be able to use most gadgets since they require a higher gadgeteer level than that.

-MO

Ok, thanks for the help.
I decided to change my Bard at level 5 with music of 18. She can still use the lute and the bagpipes, but she'll also be able to make all these screwy things things. Even if they're mostly useless, it still sounds like fun to me.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:50 pm