Lack of assignments... uh...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Samurai
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Lack of assignments... uh...

Ok, I finished up the weed parcel quest, and the quest where I have to rid Lobart's farm from the field raiders.. and now Andre doesn't have any new assignments for me, ...so I've just been leveling up, do I have to venture to the Valley of the Mines already? I don't think my armor is suitable.. because I tried to kill those Orcs guarding the first part of the pass, and my beard axe, and light guards armor just couldn't take the heat... any help?
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:27 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Don't forget the reason you went to town in the first place. If all your quests are done, go see Lord Hagan.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:37 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Did you joined the thiefs.....they give some tasks(hard tasks)
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:03 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You're not supposed to kill the orcs when you first enter the Valley of Mines. Nobody told you to... your best option still is flight! Outrun them.
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:43 pm
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

You know you don't have to fight through the orcs right? After you go through the gate the two paladins are gaurding, run along the left side of the ravine. Before you reach the orcs you will come across a opening in the wall and a cave in that.
The cave will lead you up to another cave that feeds into the valley of the mines. If you follow this path you will have successfuly bypassed all of the enemy orcs... atleast those in the entrance . Good luck... I hope this helps.
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:07 pm
Samurai
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, I went back into Gothic after I posted this, and I went above those guarding the gate, on the little rock bridge thingy, and I went forword through this mine shaft looking entrance and I 'zoned' into the Valley of mines, but then theres another 2 guarding the gate, Almost killed one, but they killed me first, so I went back to town, then I ventured into the wilderness, and killed two shadow beasts, which made me level up, and I am now Level 9, with 57 strength, and a Beard Axe, do you think that would suffice for strength and arms to get me past those two guards that are in front of you after you 'zone' into the Valley of Mines? What level/strength were you when you guys went into the mines? And should I somehow get a better weapon? (Though I do not know where I could get one...)
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:34 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I would look for a better weapon. Can't you buy one from the vendor in town? I don't really remember if he or Peck in the barracks has the best one at this point, but if you can find a good one handed, it moves faster even if does a little less damage. It is up to you of course, but one handed will be going up faster. You might want to go all over and clean out everything you can find before going back to the VoM. It should get you one more level or at least close so you can go to VoM and kill a few creatures and level up again. Then get sword training as well.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:38 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

@ Samurai

You went the wrong way. There's no orcs if you turn left from the abandoned mine shaft.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:08 am
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

There are a lot of quests to be done. Have you checked the Dead harpy inn? Beaten up all Mercenarys and people in the harbor district? Went adventuring in the wild and quentidentally found the dragon slicer? no? am i asking to much questions ? Anyway, i was level 19 when i got in the VoM and i beat up all the orcs
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:53 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

level 9 is kinda young to be going through that pass, but it can be done. Just not with the stats you have right now. In chap one I got str right to 60, then ate 3 dragon roots and prayed for str 2 times (65 str) then I got the Orc Slayer. Once thats in your hand, kill everything you see. Depending on your personal ability to use the sword (not the actual sword skill you have in character stats) you can kill everything on the island at this point, up to and including the Elite hiding in the woods near the lighthouse and the snappers behind the castle. Also, roam everywhere...there are tons of caves with bandits in them.
A lil too late for your game now but did you do all the quests for the mercs possible? Fester and the cave? Beating up 3 mercs? Paying Sentenza? Raoul? Pepe and the sheep? Cipher/Dar/Bodo mission? Cord, ROd and his sword? Lots of ways to get exp than just outright fights?
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:37 pm
Samurai
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok, I visited all of the mines etc. met up with Diego and all of that, and did that, blah blah blah, travelled back to town, kicked the Seekers arse.. talked to lester, talked to Xardas, continued to town, kicked some more Seekers' arses, blah blah blah, now I am Level 13 with Heavy Guards Armor and a weapon that does 65 damage..., It's a hammer of some sort, I have 60 strength , now I have to find that damn Pedro! Anyone know where he went? That one guy said he jumped into the Ocean and swam like a shark was chasing him.. but I saved then jumped in the Ocean, and couldn't find anything, so I loaded, and now I have nowhere to go, Is he in the forest somewhere? BTW, where do I find this 'Orc Slayer'?
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:16 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

If you found Dragomir's bow at the circle of the sun, that's where you need to go. If not you haven't been up there, follow the only unmarked road from the tavern, you could have swum the river in the direction Jorgen indicated to a spot where you could walk out and a tramp will have shown you what direction to go. If you have searched a while already, might be better to start again from the tavern. There's a fellow Grimbold who will also tell you which way the novice went. You'll also find a trail of dead novices if you are on the right track. BTW you don't find Pedro himself until much later.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:09 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

as soon as you leave the monastery talk to milten, go past the bridge and tak to that guy trying to get into the monastery. From where he is jump into the water, swim under the bridge and you'll see some guy hanging out on the banks of the water where you can climb up, talk to him then head up the road he's talking about. And yes, you'll see tons of dead novices to help guide you along.
The 65 dmg weapon that looks like a hammer sounds like you killed the black troll and got the torturer's axe. It has the same stats as the orc slayer, I just prefer the sword look of the OS. You'll still need 65 Str to wield either one
And its located at the top of the highest pyramind/temple looking structure that you pass on the right hand side as you look for the Pedro
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:32 am
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

A hammer-like weapon sounds more like the hammer you can find in one of the six towers in korhinis with peck's key. You can also buy the torturers axe in chapter 3 i think.
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:29 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

best to get fully prepared in chap 1, thats how I base all my games. Because Chap 1 is so open ended, much of the stuff *can* be taken this early in the game if you plan it right (or run fast enough depending on the situation) And since he was first looking for Pedro, his chase probably led him to the hunter fighting the snappers by the black trolls lair, and there are only two weapon with 65 dmg in game...we'll see when/if he returns to post.
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:54 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next