FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Daedric Weapons
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Daedric Weapons

Whats the deal with these daedric weapons, you conjure them, then do they dissapear later? Can you enchant them, sell them? How do they compare to other weapons damage wise. I'm in the char planning stage (havent gotten the game yet) and am deciding between conjuration as a major or minor group, thanks for any info...
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:48 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

You just get high enough level and fight deadra lords that have deadric weapons. You can mess with conjuration if you want to but not because of weapons.

I hope this helps
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:04 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

oh yeah..sorry

deadric weapons do the most dmg but are really heavy so if you are going to major in conjuration thent that means you want to be a caster...so keep in mind the weight of these weapons is ridiculous.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:06 pm
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The conjured Daedric weapons are not as heavy, I am pretty sure they're the same weight as whatever weapon you're binding over.

Real Daedric weapons are incredibly heavy. The single handed axe weighs 75, the Dai-Katana weighs 60 just to give you an impression. A full suit of Daedric armour also weighs around/over 300. Wearing that heavt armour and swinging those weapons drain fatigue rather fast also.

The damage is worth the weight if you can manage though:
Dai-Katana(Chop-Slash-Stab):
approximately 60-45-25
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:26 am

*nods slowly* yeah, but if I were to conjure a daedric blade, (with a very low weight so I can handle it) does it do the same damage as the regular daedric weapons, does it dissapear, and can I enchant it?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:19 am

coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

All bound (conjured) items only exist for the time limit of the spell, and if you could enchant them it would be a waste of time. Permanent Daedric weapons can be enchanted though.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:24 am
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

A conjured or bound sword has the same damage as the equivilant Daedric blade but the spell only lasts 60 seconds or so. I am not sure if when you bind a weapon if the enchantment on it stays, it should, so yes you should be able to enchant it.
You could also possibly enchant a regular weapon with a constant effect Bound weapon so you'd really just have a light Daedric weapon. If you're going to enchant something though, you have to do it in one shot as you can't re-enchant something.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:28 am
timmothy1967
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

all i know is i have a daedric longsword and i also found a breastplate with an armor rating of over 200 which boosted my overall rating to 90+ and i can kill anything anytime anywhere. Im getting kind of bored. I mean for kicks im doing saves then just killing everbody in guilds, even the fighters guild. i hit one guy then everybody came down there to me and i fought 5 of em at once and they all died so easy, even in ghost gate no prob.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:53 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I killed Balorma at level 3 with a conjure axe spell. I found the best possible solution to this problem, though!

Don't kill Balorma at level 3 with a conjured axe.

*runs*

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:39 pm
bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yeah the weight of the daedric stuff is horribly high, i found a cool 1 handed axe 1-60 dmg, but weighing around 70 or so and then i found a 2handed axe 1-80 with weight of 90. that IS ridiculous. i stuck with the 1hander cause then i can use the shield and the dmg is pretty good though my overall encumberance (around 600) took some serious pain
Post Fri May 17, 2002 6:10 am