Fallout 2 Editor released
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Fallout 2 Editor released

At the BIS page, an <a href="http://fallout.blackisle.com/" target="_blank">editor for Fallout 2</a> can now be downloaded. It's not a polished program, it's just as it was used to create Fallout 2 - but I am sure a lot of fans will want to try this one.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:02 pm
NeverDark
Village Leader
Village Leader

Oh my god, I can hardly believe my eyes!!!!! But... why so late????
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:03 pm
Kyrer

Perhaps they are trying to drum up interests in the Fallout license? This might possibly mean there is a new Fallout game on the way.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:12 am

El Patito
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Now, give me entertaining mods, my pupets!

I don't think they're doing this out of financial interest as much as doing something for the fans out of kindness for sticking along through the years. Just doesn't feel like it.

Great news, but I'm not the modmaking type, so I can't do much with it, but I hope many others will...
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:38 pm
jski

fallout 3

I think the release of the fallout 2 editor this late says only one thing. If you want a fallout 3, make it yourselves. I want a fallout 3 as much as anyone,but it ain`t gonna happen any more than we will ever see another single player ultima game.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:39 pm

The Master

There was an editor released years ago.This is to create interest in SPECIAL.Fallout 3 is being released in a new age with a new name.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:30 am

jski

fallout 3

According to black isle Fallout 3 is not even in a pre production stage. Brotherhood of Steel is not Fallout 3.Any interest in the SPECIAL system would be generated by Lionheart.Black Isles upcoming fantasy rpg uses the SPECIAL system. I have been hearing for years that Interplay is secretly working on F3,or that at the next consumer events show they are going to announce it and those shows come and go with nothing. I would be willing to guarantee you that you will never see a Fallout 3 game,and that if you do,it will be nothing like the older fallouts(see brotherhood of steel).
Face it,Interplay makes good games and they have no idea how to run a business.They had a great following for Fallout,so instead of giving it a good graphics engine and continuing the game play for Fallout 3,with a better marketing campaign,they give us Fallout Tactics.Tactics bombs,so instead of going back to their loyal audience,they announce an action console title called Brotherhood of Steel.Instead of building from a loyal fan base they keep taking the game into other genres.Taking properties into other genres is the worst thing you can do for a game property.There have been exceptions (Ultima and Star Wars),but they have never abandoned their core product line.
I can also see the future, so pull up a chair and listen. Still not knowing how to market a game,Brotherhood of Steel will not make money even if,by some miracle, it is actually a good game.Interplay will take this as yet another sign that the Fallout license is what is unpopular and not their crappy offshoot games.The fan base will yell and cry to no avail.Next year interplay will announce Sim Fallout,where a post-nuclear family has to make ends meet and buy furniture in a burnt-out wasteland.We will get guarantees of a Fallout 3 if Sim Fallout succeeds and the cycle will continue forever.
Sorry friends,there will NEVER be an official Fallout 3.And I`m sorry to Black Isle for saying this ,after all they have made many of my favorite games, but Lionheart is about as intriguing as a lump of mud. I love rpgs and I could not care less about this game.What the hell are they thinking. Their fans have credit cards in hand ready to buy Fallout 3, BAldurs Gate 3, Torment 2 , etc.. AND they give us lionheart ???? UG
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:58 am

Reak

OMG, you people don't know a thing, do you? BLack Isle publishes Lionheart, not working on it. Right now BIS working on its secret project Jefferson, which will be another ADnD, again in Faerun, and again pure fantasy. Nothing special in my opinion, atleast Lionheart looks original.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:25 pm

Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I heard BIS's next tile will be "Planescape Torment - General", a wargame where you command units of fiends in tactical combat in the blood war with an interface similar to the Panzer General games. Sorry, just a little joke, but your post makes alot of sense jski. I'm not quite as sure as you about there NEVER being a Fallout 3, but its certainly possible. I hope people create some good stuff with the editor.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:57 pm