Opened a game site :D:D:D
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Opened a game site :D:D:D

Hey evry1! Check out my games site http://warpedgaming.vze.com. I jus opened it!Any comments would be appreciated . Also if anyone wants to help me with some reviews that would be awesome ! Enjoy! (Enter pic doesnt work and I've only put up 4 reviews which would be the ones in the quick news but it's a working progress hehe )
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:03 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

It's a ridiculous amount of hard work to run a good website but have fun.

Just as an observation, I hate entry pages (unless they serve a real purpose) and be careful with the fancy scrolling boxes etc - they don't work on some non-IE browsers like my Firebird and can be a bit gimmicky.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:16 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

it's a cool site, but where the games are in the middle of the screen, the white box extends down over the text where the review, codes etc are, is that just on my comp or is it happening to everyone???

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:50 am
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What version of Internet Explorer do you have? You have to have IE 4+ 4 it 2 work perfect, it says this on da enter page, also I'm not sure if effects will work in other browsers like netscape and stuff, thats why.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:22 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, unusuable in Mozilla 1.4. The white boxes cover the text, so I can't read anything.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:07 pm
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ok I took the marquee out, since it seems many people have problems with it. Can all of you see it good now? Also can all of you see the fading text and stuff? Thanks for your comments I need to see if the site works for everyone.
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:31 am
Ozymandias
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

You can see what your site looks like viewed with Mozilla Firebird here: http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Ozymandias/Warped.jpg
Why are you recommending a resolution of 1024x768 when you're only utilising 800 width?

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything whatsoever as a result of you reading this post.
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:24 am
Drake14
Brigadier General

i can see it better now shadow
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:35 am
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Ozymandias
You can see what your site looks like viewed with Mozilla Firebird here: http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Ozymandias/Warped.jpg
Why are you recommending a resolution of 1024x768 when you're only utilising 800 width?

Thanks 4 dat screenshot , it's not as bad as I thought it would be so I'll keep it like that. Also I recommend 1024x768 because the it just looks hmmm "better" because the graphics look smaller and more rendered then with 800 x 600.
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:40 am
mkreku
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

A bit off topic perhaps, but.. I wonder if it is a coincidence that so many RPGDot users use Mozilla Firebird instead of IE? Well, at least of those who have posted in this thread (like me!)

Firebird is a good program..
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:59 pm
Ozymandias
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Firebird is simply the best browser out there and it keeps getting better. Internet Exploder is a bloated piece of goblin excrement.
Sorry for insulting goblin excrement.

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything whatsoever as a result of you reading this post.
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:21 pm
Dhruin

I can't live without Firebird's tab facility and no pop-ups. Best browser features in years.
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:57 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

this thread is about shadows website.. not about what kind of internet we have..
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:11 pm
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

lol hehe... so where does 1 go to get firebird.... No pop-ups sounds great 2 me.
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:27 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Drake14
this thread is about shadows website.. not about what kind of internet we have..

Well, the topic has strayed a little, but it might be useful for ShadowAssas1n to better understand his audience, so to speak, so it's still relevant if a little off the original topic.

I'm trialling Firebird on one machine at the moment, but most of the time I'm using the Mozilla suite, 1.4. Firebird has a few nasty bugs and inconsistencies that need to be ironed out before I consider it as a replacement, and I'll also need Thunderbird in a trustable state - so I'll be using the full suite for a while yet I expect.

I agree that the Mozilla/Gecko-based browsers have the upper hand because of the aforementioned tabs and popup blocking. I converted another person over to Firebird recently who was having trouble with a site that was trashing his computer with IE. After several failures with me muttering "this wouldn't be happening with Firebird, you know" in his ear he finally gave it a go. And hasn't looked back.

Another excellent reason to try Firebird is the Flash "click to play" extension. I recommend everyone give it a go!

In my opinion, I think members of the gaming community are on average more computer-savvy than the general public* so are more likely to: (a) understand the added value of the Mozilla products over the MS offering, and (b) be bold enough to try them. Every gaming site today should test their stuff with at least one Mozilla-based browser.

Naturally, all my sites are designed to be 100% standards compliant, with appropiate leeway given to ensure correct operation with Netscape 4.x. But then I'm a techie who favours functionality over design any day!

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowAssas1n
lol hehe... so where does 1 go to get firebird.... No pop-ups sounds great 2 me.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

* Naturally, there are some really non-technical gamers out there, too...
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:05 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next