View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Jakanden
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some questions =)

Ello all.

Ive just started playing Wizardy 8. First of all, it has taken the place of my EQ addiction that i finally recently got over heh. Second there are a few things that i have been wondering.

1. When i change some settings as far as keyboard options, video options etc.. It does not save them when i exit wizardry and come back. I have to reset up everything again? Is this normal?

2. What determines what you can and cannot identify? There are a few items in my inventory that my bishop goes "It cannot be so" when he attempts to identify.

3. What do the numbers next to the mob (EQ geekdom shows again) mean. Im thinking that it is the distance the mobs are from you as far as close, extended or long, but i just cant seem to make heads or tails of them.

Im pretty sure most of these questions were answered in the book but unfortunatly im borrowing this from a friend (Until my local Game store gets some in =) and he could not find the book and he dint know the answers as he only got to arnika road and quit heh. Any information would be most appreciated.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:23 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hello Jakanden, I am glad to see you here.

1) it is not normal. I didnt meet this before, so I do not know solution. Try to aply last patch.

2) skill called Artifacts

3) if you are talking about same numbers as I am, so it is number of creatures attacking, in sight, in certain distance. If you are talking about something else, try to describe it more in details .
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:33 pm
Jakanden
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wow

Wow thanks for the fast reply heh. As far as patching i have 1.2.4 and i was under the impression from the patch site i went to, that was the most recent version. If its not please let me know where i canget a more recent patch and I will be happy to download it =)

As far as Artifacts, I knew it was what determined if you could identify an item when you pick it up but it Affects casting the spell as well?

The numbers i mean are like:
8 Acidvines (8/3/
3 Thingsthatbeatmearse (3/3/3)

Thanks again for all the info =)
Post Wed May 01, 2002 4:44 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, it seems to be last patch. So i do not know what cause your problem.

Yes casting improves your ability in certain realm. Also identeifiing items improves your artifact skill.

You, so we talked about same numbers it is (I am not sure about numbers, but you will realize it after some observation):

number of attacking creatires/number of creatures in sight/number of all creatures in certain distance
Post Wed May 01, 2002 5:10 pm

When you get to Arnika buy some identify scrolls,that should help you until your artifacts skill get high enough.My bishop was level 23 at games end,and she still couldn't identify everything,but the scrolls will help you.
Hope this helps you out some.

Lord Puck
Post Wed May 01, 2002 11:36 pm

Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

If at first you don't succeed, just try identifying it again. Often enough, you will get it right the second or third time. Camp, pass some time exploring, or use magic nectar to replenish spell points, if necessary. (Or save before trying to identify, and reload if identify fails. But this seems silly to me.)

Another factor not previously mentioned is Mental spell points. As I understand it, a "difficult" item to identify (however Sir-Tech chose to define it, which I don't know) will require a higher power level of identify spell, regardless of artifacts skill. (Per the manual, the game automatically selects the appropriate power level.) If you're character doesn't have enough mental points to cast the proper power level, the identify spell will always fail for that item.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 4:11 am
SevenRed

Buying in Arnika

Where can you buy scrolls in Arnika? The only merchant I found was the guy in the armoury.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 12:29 am

dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

He'Li (the bartender) usually has a few scrolls for sale. Anna (by the dock) usually has a few. Braffit (the priest) always has several.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 12:59 am

If you don't know what something is Right-click on it.
This is how I found out what those numbers next to the mobs names meant....
Post Sat May 11, 2002 10:16 am