I Love Crabs(A Chinese Player)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
knightsmith
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I Love Crabs(A Chinese Player)

I'm a Chinese player that ever played WOW in US servers(lv31 paladin),Korean servers(lv60 paladin) and Chinese servers(lv60 mage,lv 60 rogue).In someone's opinion,Chinese players pay most of the time for leveling up and it is bored.But I don't think all of the Chinese players like this.Some of us like me is prefer to enjoy the story and atmosphere of WOW.And I always like to image myself to be the leading actor of my WOW world.

The following is my first try of writing an english fiction that based on my story.Mybe there are many mistakes in it but I'll try my best to write the next one well.And I plan to write down all of my stories in different servers to share them with you all.

Do you like this article or can you point our where I have made a mistake? You can keep your eyes on the http://wow.mmosite.com/articles/player/playerindex.shtml.I'll write more articles about my adventure.Enjoy it!

I Love Crabs

I started to westfall after having a rest in Stormwind. It's a deserted land full of robbers including famous "The Defias Brotherhood". It is said that their captain Edwin VanCleef, was once a captain of stoneman union. He and his friends built the grandiose Stormwind. But artisans received nothing from royalty after the arduous task of building stormwind.Then the angery Edwin VanCleef set up the Defias Brotherhood to fight and destroy the stormwind royalty.

However they are not the leading actor today.I arrived at Moonbrook -- the only town here -- after trudging a long way.

I drank the good drinks bought from hotel keeper beside the night needfire, and watched the sky in daze. Then a plastered guy came to me, smiled and said, "Do you like to gain a great treasure?"

I didn't rap to him. I think these guys are always disgusting because they are unreliable at all. He was not suprised for my response, smiled again, "I swear that I'm not a madman and I'm sure I can help you to get a great treasure. Look at yourself sir.Your armor is broken and your weapon is so blunt that i doubt whether it could be used at all! Didn't you ever plan to improve your condition?" He paused and said again,"Of course,what I need is only a little reward that enough for several day's drinking. I think it's no problem for a knight like you."

I was a little impressed. My equipments were broken and could not be used after a few days. Maybe, I can trust him? What I would lose is little even if he was lying.

Thinking of this, I throwed three silver coins to him.

"Aha! It's really bountiful of you, sir!" His smiling face looked distorted beside the needfire. Then he turned his head to my ear, "There is a coast west of here. The merchants would like to purchase fine sand dropped by the crabs there in a high price. And you can find clams within the crabs sometimes. I think the man wise as you knows the value of pearls."

"If it is so. Why don't you do it yourself?"I asked.

"I'm afraid i can't manage to defeat the aggressive crabs with my pained body. What's more, I'd rather prefer to have a drink if I have time." He smiled and left me groggy, "Good Luck! Young Man!"

I lay in the hotel, listend to the howl of wolves outside, fell asleep with the plan to go to the coast tomorrow.

A thread of sunlight from the window bothered my good dream. I didn't feel any unpleasant though. I was deeply excited by thinking of the treasure in the crabs.

I packed my baggage up and set out for the coast! I'm coming, cute crabs!I defeated some rantankerous boars, vultures and robbers in the hot sunshine and was close to the destination.

Ultimately, I smelt the breath of the sea wind. I stepped out with happiness but never felt the danger beyond me.

I saw something of strange buildings which looked like some huts surrounded by seaweed. But the size can't allow any common man to live in. A suddenly noise came to my ears while I was puzzled. Oh my god! Anyone who can tell me what's this? A monster with a fish head handed a gavelock and rushed to me.

However I wouldn't be frightened and used my sword to fight the mulork. Then I was released because the monster had low attack power with a shock look though. So i waved sword to counterattack! The mulork could not suffer my fierce attack and ran away with a strange sound.

It is just a papertiger, I thought. But...My face turned green soon. The mulork that ran away just yet guiding five accompaniers rushed to me angrily.

I had no way except to fight. Later soon I found I wouldn't beat them at all. Two mulorks in front of me fought me with falchions; Two mulorks threw their gavelocks to hit me; And the other two mulorks were mage mulork with frost spells.

What should I do? I couldn't defeat them, but I could flee! Took my sword back, I rushed to the position away from the coast. Fortunately they returned their home after chasing me for a short while.

I got rid off these disgusting guys and planned to back out. But I changed my mind soon: I won't retreat before getting the treasure!

Thinking of this, I evaded the mulorks carefully and searched other places of the coast. Then I saw a group of cute crabs soon. Oh! They are already a lot of gold to me!

I took out my sword to fight. The crabs were obvious harder but slower than the mulorks. Their corpses deposited in front of me after a short while.

It was true that I found some fine sand and clams in their corpses. I can see the delicious clam meat when uncovered the clam. I couldn't waste it because it's a tasty food too. Errr,wait for a minute, what's this? Ahahah, a pearl! What the guy told me is true! I'm rich now!

The sun set when I killed the crabs unconsciously. It's time to go back. I was content with the full baggage and walked back to Moonbrook happily.

I found I had over three gold coins after selling the things got from crabs. Now i can afford better weapons and armors!

I quickly fell asleep in the soft bed after a tiring day. There seems to be crabs waving their claws towards me in the dream...

It's really a wonderful day!
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:53 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Nice story, I enjoyed it! Good to see someone that is as addicted to and enjoys the WoW experience as much as I do, enough to write about it. There are a few more stories here that me and someone else wrote, a couple topics down in "The Stuff of Legend".

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=226797

lookin forward to your next story, fellow traveler ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:57 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to the forums knightsmith!

I enjoyed it as well, and my experience with Chinese players(I have run into a few on different EU servers) is good. Most of them are dedicted players, and very skilled. I know for a fact that a lot of players have become as you describe, however, and that is sad, but I think such players come from all nations.

All in all, I enjoy World of Warcraft in the same way as you do.
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:15 pm