Usergroups
Demise: Rise of the K'hutan
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Anybody know where I can buy this mega dungeon crawler here in Europe.

Have heard about a demo with 7 levels instead of original 5. Anybody know anything???
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:50 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I played the demo and had fun with it. Only problem is, it's not much fun singleplayer unless you have alot of patience and free time on your hands. You really need to play with others because there is no restoring from old saves in the game, so if you die, you have to go and retrieve your body, similar to how it is in Everquest. But if you have friends adventuring with you, they can bring your body back and save you time(unless they died with you).
If there was a restore from save feature so that if you died you could just revert to a previous save, I would have had alot more fun with it. Perhaps someone will come up with a mod or a hack that will allow you to do this, or maybe someone already has, not sure.
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:54 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

is there no save when you stop playing it ?

i have never seen this game here in germany.

Hx
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:01 am
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

There are saves in Demise, same as in Everquest and other online games. However, if you die, you cannot just load a previous save and try again. You have to live with it and go to retrieve all your stuff from your dead body.

[ This Message was edited by: The Hulk on 2002-03-05 18:29 ]
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:22 am
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I found where Demise can be purchased from. Here is the link to the site. http://www.artifact-entertainment.com/demise/support/order.shtml
I don't know if they ship games to other countries, but it's worth a try.
I am actually tempted to buy it myself, just so I can turn all graphical options up to maximum with my Geforce 4 Ti4600 and play with 4x anti-aliasing and maximum levels of anisotropic filtering(since it as an openGL game). :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: The Hulk on 2002-03-05 18:33 ]
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:27 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Actually, you don't have to retrieve your own body in singleplayer, you can wait for a virtual random adventurer to pick up your body, and then get it back from the morgue! It will cost you some "lifetime" (a few month maybe) and your money.

Hulk: Thanx for this link to a dealer, but I know this one comming over from your side of the ocean. 63$ before I can have a over 2 year old game even without a original box. This is a bit to steep for my taste!
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:54 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Demie isn't a game that will show off what your GeForce4 can do. Not at all. It's a nice dungeon crawl (I played the demo a lot and I found it entertaining, but not exceptional). But speaking graphically, it's just standard.

There has been no distributor for the game in Europe, and I think the only way to get it is from Artifact Entertainment in the US.

Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:00 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Personally, I liked Demise and it's predecessor, Mordor.

They are basically 'Rogue' type games with spiffed up graphics. I highly recommend Demise, I had a lot of fun with it, but it's definitely NOT story driven, so if plot is important to you, pass on this one. This is an old school dungeon crawl, to sum it up.

The graphics aren't great, it has node based movement, meaning it's not really 360 degree in terms of viewing the environment.

But it's deep, complex and very open ended. If you liked the demo, I'd say this game could potentially give you many, many hours of enjoyment.
Post Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:49 pm