Ladders
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Supa2113
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ladders

I am unable to climb the ladder in the room where I need to smash the "Black Beast". I only get stuck on it! Anyone have any ladder climbing tips?
Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:00 am
CyberKhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Tips for ladders

I tried this ladder for 30 minutes before I was finally able to climb it.
I saved right beforehand because I kept getting stuck on it too.

The way I climbed it was to NEVER jump and not run, just walk up to it, start climbing and then strafe right/left until you get free and can finish climbing it. It seems that if you jump it moves you forward and you get stuck in the ladder, unable to move higher. Otherwise you are walking on the outside.

HOWEVER these ladders needs fixed, because right now, I am currently stuck at the bottom of the mine shaft with the big piece of mithril in it. Its a long ladder down, and you HAVE to go down it to complete the game. Well as soon as I touch it going from the bottom or the top, i get stuck on it unable to move. I have tried everything I can think of, and I cannot get up the ladder, in fact I can't even get off the ground I just get stuck as soon as I step on it. Waiting on replys from Jowood to see if they can fix it.
Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:15 am
Raf
Arkane Master
Arkane Master

Can you tell me your config, and what exactly happens please ? are you trying to climb the ladder with the mithril in your hands ?
You can send me an email at rcolantonio@arkane-studios.com
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:50 pm
CyberKhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ladder

Config? You mean the way I setup the controls?

Right mouse button moves forward, w is jump, space is use, z is combat, tab is mouselook toggle, everything else is the same as default.
i use a typical FPS setup that i have used for years in quake type games.

Anyway, no the mithril is not in my hands, I warped it out already. But it doesnt matter, I have it saved before I ever jump down the ladder and if I even TOUCH the ladder, from the top, or jump off the ledge, and grab it halfway down, or at the bottom, trying to go up OR down, i get stuck on it, unable to move in any direction. I have tried unequipping everything, changing key configs, running, crouching, walking, everything, he still gets stuck on the ladder.
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:29 am