anyone still struggling with gothic 2:ultimate spoiler
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

anyone still struggling with gothic 2:ultimate spoiler

simple, use summoning magic.... Join the fire mages, learn to make runes and make summon runes...

you are better off with the runes which summon creatures that dont fight amongst themselves (eg demons and golems kill eachother)

at very early stage of being a mage i defeated the black troll by summoning a tonn of goblin skeletons, they decimated him. This set the theme of things to come.

Later on the skeleton army spell basicly makes you utterly invincible, they may not be that strong later on in the game but so many swords on your side makes a mockery of anything you will ever face. Infact during the latter stages of the gamei found myself wondering how on earth anyone has completed G2 without summons!

anyway just a general heads up for people who are stuck
Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:28 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Not every summon is good against every enemy, but it's easy to check by summoning a creature and then using "Possess" from the marvin mode (press O with the marvin mode on). Now you can just check the stats.

For example:
Summon Guardian: excellent against Seekers when you're in chapter 3. They won't do a lot of damage, but their magic resistance is very high, so they can catch all the fireballs and worse for you.
In chapter 4 it's easier to just use Lightning Strike, but it helps a lot in chapter 3 when you have only Ice Lance.
Summon Skeletons: Have know magic armor at all and can only withstand about two hits from a seeker.
Summon Golem: Don't use it against orcs! They are too slow and their melee resistance is only 50.

This is all with one summon. Summoning a bunch will change thinks a lot. A bunch of Skeletons is even able to defeat a dragon.

You can also transform into a Shadowbeast or a Dragonsnapper. Those two are very strong in NotR and a Dragonsnapper can easily kill Orcs, Skeletons and Bandits when you are a low level.
Don't try to defeat Seekers while you're a Dragonsnapper. It has no magic armor at all! I found that out the hard way, when I tried to get the Eye of Innos from the Circle of the Sun.
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:14 am
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

there isnt a single beast in gothic2 that cant be killed by spamming goblin summons..... obviously this takes a while and skeleton army is prefferable.

unfortunately you cant spam golems or demons because they turn on eachother
Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:39 am