Usergroups
First Time NWN with Sorceress
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

You DO realize sorcerers can unlearn the spells, right? So, while you can only pick first level spells, have level 1 summoning. When you can learn second level spells, unlearn level 1 summoning and learn level 2 summoning.
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:29 pm
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
That would be because nothing in any edition of D&D can stand up long to the wrath of an arcane spell thrower.

Wizards: When an enemy nation absolutely needs to be destroyed overnight.

Or a divine spell caster. As long as a Wizard doesn't constantly cast time stop (ha :/), a cleric would smash him/her.
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:07 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

That's an arguement that gets laughed at on the official D&D forums all the time... I agree divine casters are pretty tough, but sheer damage and instant death effects go to the arcane casters.

Not that flame strike, finger of death, etc are BAD for clerics by any means.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:28 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I was in a PvP NWN game, and I must give my hat to the Arcane spell-casters who ripped up my little Dwarf Fighter. One guy must have had full resistance to Slashing Damage, as he didn't get touched once

I was just think about PvP with a wizard... that wizard had all sorts of shields and summons protecting him while he cast web and slowed all of the meleers down.

Well, would this work? If I cast Timestop, how many spells can I get out before time starts again? I was thinking that I should be able to put out a Quickened Ice Storm or Cone of Cold and and Empowered Chain Lightning before time starts again. Will it work?
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:35 pm
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Assuming that the Wizard doesn't get timestop off first, the cleric can use word of faith to unsummon any creatures the wizard has, and have a chance of stunning him/her. They both have instant death spells now too. You seem to be forgetting that clerics also have destruction and implosion. (And if they some how manage to get close enough, harm can be used with no save + meele to finnish with). My fully buffed cleric has 280HP and 35 odd AC, while a wizard far less.

Maybe I'm just super biased.

However time stop is the ultimate anything killer.

Edit: For the few times I've played PvP, I have beaten the wizard/soc opponent 5 out of 6 times with my cleric (the one time I lost time stop was cast, and the wizard must have cast 2-3 odd spells, suffice to say I died instantly after time stop elapsed).
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:02 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

This may be silly, but what if you had immunity to death magic?
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:33 pm
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
This may be silly, but what if you had immunity to death magic?

Then the cleric would use word of faith again, followed by either (if the enemy wasn't stunned), empowered blade barrior or empowered chain lightning (assuming air domain which is excellent). Or, if the enemy was stunned, the cleric would run up to him, use harm (taking him down to 1d4 HP - and it's not death magic, and it requires no save), and then poke the enemy a bit with a sword or similar.
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:37 pm
Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Kendrik
quote:
Originally posted by Rawis

Hmm, whice kind of different summon spells are there for the sorcerer? I only have Summon Creature 1 or whatever its called, and it summons the same weak creature all the time. Not much for a Stone Golem, but then again, im only level 5.

OK I'll admit that Summon Creature 1 isn't gonna help you much with the Stone Golem

But this is what I mean - Personally I wouldn't take summon creature at level 1 I would wait until I could take one of the more powerful summoning spells (I probably would only take one summon spell as you can only have one summoned creature at a time in NWN hence making the lower levels spell of less use).

But, you can get rid of spells each level in favor of another. So you can have Summon I until you get Summon II, etc.
Post Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:03 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2