Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Uber weapons in Wiz 8 (identical to Wiz 7's)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
songie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Uber weapons in Wiz 8 (identical to Wiz 7's)

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get all the uber weapons such as the light sword, menads lance, excaliber (ivory blade doesn't count) etc. I know weapons like the cane of corpus (arguably the best melee weapon) are stored in static places like Don Barlone. But every other uber weapon seems to of random appearance. There was this treasure chest in Bayjin (in one of the huts), the first time a opened it the chest contained the frontier phaser. The next time I opened it was the second time I played through the game I got the light sheild. This was exactly the same treasure chest. So any knowledge of these uber weapons would be great. For those that are interested I found the Marumasa Blade in a chest in the room next to the Rapax Castle-Arnika town portal.
Thanks in advance
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:52 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

As far as I know, most of the uber weapons are completely random. I went through my entire first game without finding any of the ones that you mentioned.
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:31 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The random drops have been remarkably bad for me across the board in all my games. I've gotten a couple decent items, but they couldn't be used by the party I was running at the time. Two chests you didn't mention that often yield good stuff are the one near Nessie and the one with the bucaneer ghosts.

Keep in mind that all chests are determined when you enter a zone. A save/reload approach won't change things for you unless you go back a little further--save before entering the zone, fight your way to the chest, open, reload and fight again if the take is lousy.

edit- BTW, Fang is a pretty good sword that always appears in the Southeast Wilderness.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:35 am
otter
One of Us

if you have a mook F,L,V,R,S, the Giant's Sword always drops when you kill a Death Lord.
Bushido Blade is about 30% from Raven Rapax.
Muramasa is about 40% from the Queen's Chest, a fairly easy trip from reloading if you're Templars, just have to go zoo-queen's rooms-king's rooms-queen's rooms to get to it. Cuisinart is supposedly there too, but i've never seen it--i think it's actually in the chest in Wilderness Clearing, but i've only done that part in two of my finishes, and it wasn't there then.
You can always buy as many Maulers as you want from Ferro, that and Diamond Eyes make the deadliest dual-wield combo. (Diamond Eyes drops about 25% from the Shaman, if you can pp that works. A second DE can be had in the Death Lords barrow in Mountain Wilderness.
Light Sword drops less than 10% from the Buccaneer Ghosts in Beyjin Shallows, only have to reload just before killing them.
Excalibur is in Davy Jones Locker (under Nessie). You can sneak past her to check for it, but usually not to get back out with it.
Staff of Doom and one of the 2 Enchanted Whackyslashies is in the waterfall cave in Mountain Wilderness. The other EW is a drop from Antone, i usually pp it; it's a really low % drop from kill.
Dread Spear drops from the higher-level Trynnies (Champion, etc).
Cane of Corpus, yes, drops from Borlone, not quite every time. He's really hard to pp or kill, though.
Faust Halberd is a really deadly drop from Antone--cursed (HP degen -3), but lotsa opponent damage and conditions.
My favorite item in the game, however, is not a weapon, but the Infinity Helm, regens HP, SP, and Stamina so fast, you don't need to waste time Rest-Alling or quaffing Nectars. (Ferro sells, only for F,L,V,R,S)
I never liked the axes.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:38 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by otter
Excalibur is in Davy Jones Locker (under Nessie). You can sneak past her to check for it, but usually not to get back out with it..
Not always. Actually, in my case, not ever.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:32 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
quote:
Excalibur is in Davy Jones Locker (under Nessie). You can sneak past her to check for it, but usually not to get back out with it..
Not always. Actually, in my case, not ever.
I got it there second time through, but not the first. Of course, given my style of play, I just kill her and then whatever I find I find.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:50 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
I got it there second time through, but not the first. Of course, given my style of play, I just kill her and then whatever I find I find.
That's my attitude as well. It's a little disappointing, though, to hear about all these cool items that I never got to tinker with. Eventually, I'll play again, and then perhaps my luck will change.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:58 pm
otter
One of Us

Oh, right, i forgot to say X-Cal is less than 40%. (prob even less than 30)
Not all that great a weapon anyway, esp for me, cause i like to dual-wield.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:11 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Oh, right, i forgot to say X-Cal is less than 40%. (prob even less than 30)
Not all that great a weapon anyway, esp for me, cause i like to dual-wield.
I loved Excaliber. It was so good, I had my valkyrie give up her spears to become a sword wielder. My swordspeople in this game were armed with: Sam - Fang/Wakizaki; Ninja - Bushido (I think; I was disappointed and went back to hand to hand after a while); Valkyrie - Excaliber; Gadgeteer - Blade Cuisinart. While the Valkyrie would only get in one swing, twice a round, with Excaliber, she would do about 60 damage per swing.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:37 am
otter
One of Us

I found that the most fun thing to give non-Faerie Ninjas is two doublestrike daggers. Once their speed and dex are up, they get so many swings they crit almost every other round.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:31 am