View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

The Snow Globe - Chapter 3

I have entered the Snow Globe.

I talked to the dragon and got the key and amulet, then i talked to the dwarf that fixed the amulet, but i had to make it magical, the dryads could help me with that, but how? They are attacking me, im really stuck.
Post Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:25 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Heh... I just killed the white dragon. Took a bloody long time though... And about 500 arrows too.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:14 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Okay, i had to use a guide, i fixed the amulet, it made the dragon easier, i got him down to "badly wounded", i must have been very lucke, becose after that, i died like 40 times? This made me almoust to uninstall NWN, i died and died, my follower died and died, i tryed other followers, they died too, but after lotsa time and lotsa deaths, me and a sorcerer follower killed him, and what did i get? Like 300 exp.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:13 pm
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

The answer was, for anybody else seeking this information, to get out of the snowglobe, turn it and then enter back. This made dwarfs aggressive and the dryads friendly.

I had no problem killing the dragon, I suspect it bugged a bit, though. I managed to take it out with single run with Tomi, didn't even have to use too many potions. With the amulet you got a nice cold protection and stuff like that, so the dragon was basicly harmless to my uber-ranger.

- Member of The Nonflamers' Guild -
- Member of The Alliance of Middle-Earth -
- Worshiper of Written Word -
- Proud supporter of E.H.U.A.O -
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:18 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I know, there were some battles that were just stupid.

I always found it quite annoying that you have to go through a sea of White difficulty grunts before you get to a red or purple boss. I mean, what gives? And all those grunts give like 1-10xp, when you need 5000xp for next level. And even those color codes are stupid. Plenty of times I found an "easy" opponent to be a battle for life and death. And I've killed several "impossible" opponents without being even touched by them. How's that "impossible" I'll never know.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:12 pm
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

The difficulty ratings can be off at times. I had the similar experiences to the ones MoonDragon wrote about. But the rating is only based on your level, so depending on your protections and weaknesses to certain elements or damages two enemies of the same difficulty class can be very different.

Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 2:29 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I had to beat the white dragon without the amulet either since the dwarves were attacking me on site..That kinda sucked. As with the XP I have noticed that playing solo without a henchmet gives you more XP per kill but not too much more. I guess it also depends on what you are playing since a rogue is practically impossible to kill without a henchman. My monk rocks for soloing though.

=Member of the Worshippers of The Written Word, The Nonflamers' Guild, The RPGdot Warriors, The Philosophers' Circle=

"Don't go away mad...just go away!"
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:43 am
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

@freakinaye, either dryads or dwarves are allways attacking on sight. You can change the hostile side by exiting the snowglobe and turning it. First you need the dwarves to repair the amulet, then the dryads to enchant it. But since you managed to kill the dragon without the amulet, this is probably trivial

Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:27 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I always noticed that there was an easier way to do lots of the things I was doing but that always involved more time and I am an impatient man. I guess that is why I died alot then huh.

=Member of the Worshippers of The Written Word, The Nonflamers' Guild, The RPGdot Warriors, The Philosophers' Circle=

"Don't go away mad...just go away!"
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:39 am