Old Stone Tablet code? NotR Spoilers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Old Stone Tablet code? NotR Spoilers

Anyone know the code to the Old Stone Tablets I have checked WoG site which list codes and did not see it listed.

I wanted to experiment to see if there is a different outcome of quest completed or information provided by Vatras (sp).
Since we give 3 to the old guy on the road to Dead Harpy, under the bridge.
I see that if all 24 OST are given to Vatras at the sametime we get a full Mana point for each OST given in total, thou if given one at a time you get no Mana bonus.
That makes this the biggest Mana gain possible at one time in the game, if I am not mistaken.
The 9 OST are located in the NW plus the 3 given, make the old man a 200 strength trainer to the Hero, 12 in the Addon world and 2 in the OW.
The odd thing is the quest listed mentions that Vatras would inform us of his findings and I dont think that happened for me with the 24 tablets, so I wonder if giving the additonal 3 to Vatras instead will offer different outcome.

Thanks.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:49 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Ok I founf out some info I have not see posted anywhere.

The code for the Old Stone Tablets is, itwr_stonetabletcommon_addon

This quest it the biggest bouns Mana in the game up to 28 points of mana plus 2500 exp (about 75 EXP per tablet).
If you choose to help Erol deal with the Bandits at the overpass and give him 3 Old Stone Tablets you can have a max of 25 to turn in.
If you do this you get the free 1 point of Strength plus he will become a a Strength Trainer up to 200, a minor Merchant and the quest completion EXP with him.
Kinda seems the best solution, unless your a Mage whom cant live without the 3 Mana points and the about 250 EXP loss you would get turning the 3 in with the other 25.

You really should talk to Vatras once you find one to inciate the quest, he does not take it when you speak to him the first time, then just keep them all till your ready to turn them in.

I did find one missing from the map of the tablets on the Addon world, Morgan the Pirate gives you one if you return his ring, giving a total of 14 in the Addon world.
Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:24 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Aclaceius,

Thank you for your investigations and reports on this. I will try this out when I replay the Addon as a mage.

I am waiting to replay until a "real" English version comes out. I finished once already with the translation mod, but I don't want to get tired of G2 yet, so I am waiting for some kind of official thing before I replay the addon.
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:35 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Then you can wait a very long time.
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:51 am