Usergroups
a bug is a bug by any name - winches
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
mc2man
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

having reached the infamous old mine JAMMED gate I've read with interest the various posts as to whether this is a bug or Improper game play. It's clearly a bug and the idea as suggested by some that you have to follow 8 steps in an exact order to open it is a joke Games like gothic invite exploration - in my case I visited the gate in chap.1, found out about mandibles and have been killing and extracting them since chap.1 Now I'm in chap.2, have fufilled all req., have templars standing by, had the guard say open the gate and it is jammed
having played games since Pong, 99.9% of the time this would mean you had to find a way to unjam the gate If it wasn't for this and another forum I'd still be looking for a way.
I pity the poor fellow who does't know about forums and looks to the worthless offical web site This is a bug and if it can't be fixed without cheating they should offer your money back and not in dumbmarks.
Is there any way thru at this point?
Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:06 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-09 02:06, mc2man wrote:
having reached the infamous old mine JAMMED gate I've read with interest the various posts as to whether this is a bug or Improper game play. It's clearly a bug and the idea as suggested by some that you have to follow 8 steps in an exact order to open it is a joke Games like gothic invite exploration - in my case I visited the gate in chap.1, found out about mandibles and have been killing and extracting them since chap.1 Now I'm in chap.2, have fufilled all req., have templars standing by, had the guard say open the gate and it is jammed
having played games since Pong, 99.9% of the time this would mean you had to find a way to unjam the gate If it wasn't for this and another forum I'd still be looking for a way.
I pity the poor fellow who does't know about forums and looks to the worthless offical web site This is a bug and if it can't be fixed without cheating they should offer your money back and not in dumbmarks.

Yes it is bug.

quote:

Is there any way thru at this point?

As you said - only with cheating. If you searched forum for this, you surely know how to go trought (there is special command for opening this door or you can simply jump trought it with cheat command).

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-02-09 02:15 ]
Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:14 am
mc2man
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it bugs me to cheat but in this case it seems
to be worth it
Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:20 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-09 02:20, mc2man wrote:
it bugs me to cheat but in this case it seems
to be worth it

By "cheating" we usually mean cheating. If you try to solve bug with console command which opens doors that should be opened, then it is not exactly what we usually mean by cheating
Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:40 am
mc2man
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it's 3:40 am in ny - I'm bugging off to bed
thanks
Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:43 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It is morning here and I just woke up
Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 9:21 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

While it is true, mc2man, that there are a few frequenting this forum that would apparently attempt to justify why it is really ok to find a lump of dog poop in your box of Corn Flakes (do you know how hard it is to make sure ALL the dog poop is removed from ALL the millions of cereal boxes that go out a manufacturer's door) - this is a BUG . There are at least a few more. It is indeed a shame that a developer would allow such a bug to exist in the first place (one CAN argue they cannot find them all, but this seems to be a fairly obvious bug to me). More importantly (to me at least) it is unacceptable that they ignore the bug reports as they obviously are by not issuing a fix - or at the very minimum a note on their site letting their fans know they ARE working on a fix. But the games (this one is not the only one with bugs) keep getting bought - and human nature (particularly in business) being what it is this will only continue.

Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:36 pm