View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Wizardry Stuff

Okay, two intressing questions.

1. Did anyone ever finish the game on hard/ironman I for one think this would be impossible.

2. Does wizardry have the best character development/ battle system of all RPGS ( I think so ), too bad the other parts are not as good :O ( graphic, sound and story)
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:46 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

1- I know several people that have won the game on expert level with iron man mode. One in particular did it with a 4 character party as well. I had a party up to Rapax Rift with those settings. Once you make it that far, you're not likely to die unless you make a mistake. Unfortunately, I didn't like that party's characters so I quit and started a new crew.

2- Wiz8 character development is definitely the best, IMO. The battles can get a little tedious at times, so I'm not certain I'd call the combat system the best, although it's certainly high on the list.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:46 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

1. I've known people that have soloed and finished in Ironman. I do not think it was on the Hard setting though.

2. It is definitely one of the best character development systems that I have ever seen. The battle system is really good also IMO. You cannot mindlessly take characters through this game and expect to win. I could definitely imagine a better battle system, but not sure if someone has made it yet though.
Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:49 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

1. I heard about people who did

2. Character developement is best (I didn't played all RPGs out there), battles are very good. I liked turnbased mode and it was only time I ever played turnbased in first person view.
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:56 am
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

:)

, great that there's still people playing, and discussing this game. It really deserves it.

1. Interesting answers... in normal I didn't find ironman impossible but on hard.... ouch, some bad luck and you'll run into a battle with very bad odds... or maybe I'm just bad at making good parties ( maybe it's because I always want six people in my party, the more the merrier and all )

2. Something that'd be way cool(I am always thinking about it when playing the game). Imagine that two parties could fight with each other in some sort of multiplayer mode.... I don't know if it'd work out well or not though... I guess it'd depend a lot on which powerful spell caster got the first turn?
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:06 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I really can't imagine how to get past several first places in ironman mode on hard difficulty level. At least we know it is possible :].
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:06 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

From what I know about Hard/Ironman:

1. You need to learn how to run away.
2. You need to learn how to run away.
3. Make sure you do not level to quickly; your skills need to improve before you level to be able to handle the higher level monsters you will encounter.
4. Always use terrain to your advantage.
5. Always use the NPCs to your advantage (they fight on your side if they come in range of a monster).
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:18 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I would add that extensive spell training becomes critical in hard/ironman. If you're not willing to cast "knock" at the bank vault door for an hour or two, you'll have a rough go of it.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:08 pm