The Shepherd

There is only one patch with the stanger quest - 1.08h it is 8 mb
The 1.08j/k is for the "radeon" problem only- - it is approx 5 mb

Nothing will put me off trying to solve this problem
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:10 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well Wulf did you ever stop to think that maybe our 1.08h english version was not made with a alternate ending to the Chromanin Quest I mean maybe it could be just another xtra to the German versions and if wolverine_man ever found this secret ending then why doesn't he tell us because this wild goose chase is just wasting my time. So untill I get a screenshot of the man or some proof it's not worth it but try if you must it's your choice.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:11 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Killerofevils II,

You have it on my word from one truegamer to another, "I have seen and spoken to the old man" and i was not playing it in German speech/etc'

Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:39 pm
Zamolxes
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Whailor is right!
The quest is FINISHED when you find the corpse! It is writen in your quest-book!
There's no such thing as the BIG HALL and the WISE MAN talking to you!
If you're right, do it again, show us some evidence and I'll apologize to you!
Till then, 'FACTS not WORDS' !!!
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:43 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Killerofevils II,

What you say has been "reversed"

quote:
Well Wulf did you ever stop to think that maybe our 1.08h english version was not made with a alternate ending to the Chromanin Quest

the 1.08h is NOT our english version, its german, thats whats so hard!
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:02 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

I agree with Zamolxes, until I get some kind of proof like a screenshot of just the man or some clue that makes sense, a screenshot of the mission objectives screen with the secret mission he gives you to complete and you can't spawn a transform into demon lord rune and you can spawn anything in the game so I don't believe any of this so as Zamolxes said: "FACTS not WORDS". And Wulf you're right about the version but either way any English version we have is most likely NOT included with the alternative ending. I'm not runnign after this secret quest and Wulf it's not that I don't trust your word but I just need some proof because unless some proof that what wolverine_man says exist I'm not doing crap. I am also VERY ANGRY THAT THE GERMAN VERSION HAS EVERYTHING!! I even read in a magazine that most game sales are from Americans so can't they have the decency to have all the German extras included into the English version it would just make sense.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:14 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

There is no point in my continuing this quest,

I shall leave the quest as abandoned
Why should i struggle on uphill alone?
Why do people doubt and believe only what they can see?
When there are no believers left, who will continue to search beyond
the darkness?
Only the one with faith, the true believer, - - - - the real pc-hero.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"and when the sand was gone and the time arrived
in the naked dawn only a few survived
and in attempts to understand a thing so simple and so huge
believed that they were meant to live - - - - - -,
after the deluge.

Now let the music keep our spirits high
and let the buildings keep our children dry
let creation reveal it's secrets, by and by
when the light that's lost within us reaches the sky.

Jackson Browne. 1974.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:01 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Killerofevils II
I am also VERY ANGRY THAT THE GERMAN VERSION HAS EVERYTHING!! I even read in a magazine that most game sales are from Americans so can't they have the decency to have all the German extras included into the English version it would just make sense.

What the hell are you talking about?
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:37 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Gorath, some magazine I read said that most game sales are off English versions, don't know if it's true but I threw it out there, if it's wrong then so say. Wulf, are you ONLY one trying to solve this quest? I don't see anyone else here trying to help and why did wolverine_man make this thread and then like never respond again? Does that show more evidence against this? Anyway I wish you luck Wulf that if this exists, "if", that you find it Wulf, you seem to be really content about it and if you do then I guess we'd be wrong but I'm sticking to some proof before I continue this goose-chase again.
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:23 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Killerofevills II,

quote:
and why did wolverine_man make this thread and then like never respond again? Does that show more

Aaahh, but wolverine_men DID respond again, he had the decency to reply and give a brief word, a clue, even when he had been scorned.

Wolverine_men is clever and shrewd, i respect his silence, he will not emerge again (i dont think) from the woodwork, even now when taunted.

Why should wolverine_men give details of what HE found, after doing all the hard work, why should he tell to other what they did not have the ability to find out?
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:18 pm
kasual
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Pondering

I'm quite thrilled to find out that someone has found an alternative ending to this quest. And I want to believe they're not lying. Here's what I think of the riddles.

Chromanin Book one

Chromanin
He who is willing to
renounce all depravity
and wanders on the path
of righteousness, shall
know where the source
of my power lies
hidden. So that he might
use it to break the chains
of this world and prove
worthy to reicive
Chromanin.

The path of Righteousness. No stealing, no killing or beating NPCs. Be very careful of not hitting any companion accidently in a battle.

Chromanin Book three

Chromanin
Oh, Ancient Gods. How
can it be that a man like
me, simple and unworthy,
may reicive such a great a
legacy. I feel great
fear to lose all of it
again by a slight
faliering in word or
deed.

Don't insult or threaten NPCs. And try to stay on a path of righteous while solving quests. For example:
- On Dexter's quest to steal the recipe, instead of stealing warn Cor Kalom.
- Don't demand money (or anything?) as a reward. Remember what Cor Angar said when you asked for a reward.

Chromanin Book four

Chromanin
I dare not hope to be in
the presence of
Chromanin one day. Gone
are the days of wasting
and wailing. So easy it
will be to achieve
absolute perfection. I'm
not far from it.

Wasting and wailing? Remember to get all hunting skills and don't let the bodies wail before you loot them? Farfetched
Absolute perfection. Yay! Sounds scary, but perfection in what? 100 points in each skill? Maybe Wulf might remember?

Chromanin Book five

Chromanin
But I shall not walk this
path alone. This honor is
mine. I must accept to
share the power within
myself with the worthy
ones who are to come and
find me. I hope they're
coming soon...

So you finished The Stranger? What did you get as a reward? A few spell scrolls on a dead body? I don't think that's the "power" these journals were talking about.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:47 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The version what I have is 1.08k, no other. I've done Chromanin quest each time I played and each time the guy was dead. Sure, in 99% of those cases I did do something, what perhaps can be called 'bad', i.e. in the Swamp Camp I whalloped one good one at a guy, who refused to go to work. Single hit smacked him down, after what he went to work, I never spoke to dude anymore. Did that affect it?. I never "broke" into anyone's houses, and only looted the chests which were outside, in wilderness, some of which were locked and I had to pick, but as I said, these were ALL in wildernes, without owner. Did that affect it? I never attacked anyone without being attacked first, and if I knocked down in the fight, I did not kill them, instead I let them get up and walk away. In the necklace quest, I knocked all the attackers down, but did not kill any and also made up with the dude who tried to kill me. Good enough ending, for him, but did that affect it? I did not knock Mud down, in most cases I simply outran him in the Old Camp and avoided him as much as I could.

Once I tried it again, I imported my char into the new game (can't do the quest with a newbie char, unless you use cheat to make him invulnerable), and then moved RIGHT to Chromanin quest. I did not speak to ANYONE, well, save Diego at start, and didn't do ANYTHING else, basically it was the 'clean dude'. I did Chromanin again and, the guy was still dead. I am not sure that in the char ZEN file are some flags, which would show the quest results and that way would affect the Chromaning quest, but I can't say that for sure, as there are some values I don't know, now to mention that I do not have the ZEN file of that char, which has finished the quest.

All this, literally, makes me believe for now in 2 things: 1) either the person(s), who said that they did it, were just pulling our leg (not to mention that there's no screenshots of any kind, even of the old guy only; there is no "secret" area in world wireframe model in tower area and the cave all the way down to the water); or 2) there is different ending to the quest in different patches. In my 1.08k patch, guy is always dead.

As to the question "Why should the information be shared?", then why not? Information is information only then, when it is shared and used by others as well, if it is not, then it's just a rumor
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:35 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Killerofevils II
Gorath, some magazine I read said that most game sales are off English versions, don't know if it's true but I threw it out there, if it's wrong then so say.

Itīs complete BS.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:10 pm
the_undertaker_05x
Village Leader
Village Leader

Location: Well... I live in Korinis but I'm plannig to go to the mainland with Hagen's ship.

so is there any posibility that the dead guy should be alive then?
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:01 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, I got nothing to do on Gothic really anymore,...I beat it on all 3 camps and total of beating the game 53 times (I counted out of boredom) so I give I'll join this quest for the alternate ending to Chromanin. Maybe there might be 1 but who knows...
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:36 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41, 42, 43  Next