View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Two questions...

I have two questions:

1. Im a member of the Militia, I should be able to train my strenght with the blacksmith at the Barracks, but the only option I have when I talk to him is END. Whats wrong?

2. Where do I find the pass to the "mining colony"? I can't find it!
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:52 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

1. Was somewhere before. Had the same. Maybe Your strenght is already to high for him to train you but in that case dialog and message with his limit should appear. Same had with Brutha guy in the Old Castle in colony.
2. As You are guard talk to Lord Hagen in upper city in the building in the end of the street. He gives this quest and key to the mountain pass.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:00 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by bora
1. Was somewhere before. Had the same. Maybe Your strenght is already to high for him to train you but in that case dialog and message with his limit should appear. Same had with Brutha guy in the Old Castle in colony.
2. As You are guard talk to Lord Hagen in upper city in the building in the end of the street. He gives this quest and key to the mountain pass.

1. My strenght is only 30... I don't know how to continue to play now if he don't wan't to train me.

2. I do have the key... but where is the mountain pass???
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:06 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

1. Now after becoming guard you must be patient. Next strenght teacher will be Paladin Ignaraz (after becoming Paladin up to 90) or later Ferros Dragon Hunter in Old Castle (up to 70). Brutha in Old Castle should teach but after paying him for teaching no such option appeared - at least for me. My advice - load from before becoming guard and train with Torlof on Onars Farm (up to 90).
2 Look at map of the area. Its south - almost straight south from tavern that is located halfway between Khorinis and Onars Farm. The entrance is guarded by two Knights.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:25 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

1. What is this? You mean I can't train my strenght anymore until Im a paladin? Thats STUPID! And if I load from before I became a guard I will lose several hours of playing!

2. Okay, I'll check it up.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:29 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

My dear friend. There is always possibility that I missed someone or Brutha will teach You. I went there having 90 from Torlof so maybe if You are 30 he will teach You.
But isn`t it what we like about Gothic the most that its more similar to real life than other games? In life we have to pay for every mistake we make. Of course it`s a game and one can always activate cheat console or some god mode but I could never see the point in playing that way. God mode in life would be, on the other hand, something great - at least for the owner.
You can always train agility and bows or crossbows and go through game like this.
Best luck.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:45 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

So I messed up the whole game just becouse I joined the Militia "too early"?
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:48 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Now I`m in the chapter 6 in crypt with rooms behind bars. I have about 490.000 Exp (had around 440 - 450 leaving Khorinis to Isle Ildorath) and still could use some learning points for bows or crossbows for example. I was reading posts from people saying: I have 310.000 exp killed all including all citizens, what is the limit. I was playing Gothic1 so I knew how it works and I planned to play all 3 guilds or at least one warrior guild and as a mage. That`s why I did all possible before joining one. You can run through Gothic like tornado saying its so short and learn only one fighting skill. In the end it would be enough (little bit more difficult maybe). I play my game about month or so. 2-3 hours not every evening. Only this way I can taste this great product that for me compares only to Deus Ex, Planescape Torment, Thief (maybe not RPG) or some old sagas like Ishar for example. Beeing You I would load the save though too don`t like doing things twice. But in that case You may be surprised but what new You will find.
Whatever will Your decision be - I wish You great fun.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:14 pm