Gameplay balance multi-mod
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Merkin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Gameplay balance multi-mod

I just submitted this one to MW summit, hopefully they'll have it available for d/l later today. In the meantime, here's the readme. Comments and suggestions welcome.

I just submitted this one, I think it's a bit more subtle than most of the gameplay tweaks I've seen so far. I have no idea how long it takes Dalin to get a mod uploaded and ready, so no ETA, but it's in his hands now. Comments and feedback welcome. Here's the readme...

Merkin's multi-mod v. 1

I've been dissatisfied with other game balance mods that I've seen, most I felt were too extreme in one direction or another. I also disliked finding a mod that had one or two features I really liked, and a bunch that I didn't. So I flailed around in the editor and made my own. I tried to take a fairly subtle approach, IMO the game isn't broken, and only needed minor tweaks for balance, not major revisions. As some of you know, there is virtually NO documentation on gameplay settings. I *think* I've modded the right values on these, and they seem to play out as expected. I'll admit I'm not as happy as I'd like to be with either the magic or the marksman mods, but I'm at a loss for a better solution right now. I tried to make each mod as discrete as possible, so you can pick and choose. Please note the "*" mods, may cause problems, or simply not take effect if used with a saved game. These mods have been checked to be virus, vermin, and Republican free, but check em yourself.
"animalbehave", makes non-diseased mundane animals much more likely to flee rather than fight when attacked. Doesn’t affect, diseased, blighted, summoned, undead, or Daedric creatures.

"underwatertime", increase both base underwater time and the endurance underwater bonus slightly, and reduces suffocation damage by 1/3.

"marksman" raises the rate of fire on bows (long and short) 25%, and on darts, stars, and throwing knives by 50%. This also raises the rate at which they are thrown at YOU. Note: crossbows are unaffected by this mod. Also, marksmanship skill will increase 10% faster than previously.

"Skillbalance" reduces the rate of increase for all melee and armor skills (including unarmored and block) by 10%. It reduces the rate of increase for Acrobatics and athletics by roughly 33%. It INCREASES the rate for Armorer, security, sneak, speechcraft, marksman, and mercantile by 10%. If you've loaded my marksman mod, the increases are NOT cumulative. Also, illusion was changed from a personality-based skill to a will-based skill.

"training" makes training 50% more expensive.

"movement" increases the min/max walk speed 25%. Run speed is unaffected.

*"time" slows down the day/night cycle by a factor of two. Combat/movement speeds are unaffected. Think of it as twice as many minutes in an hour.

*"encumbrance" increases the encumbrance allowance by 50%. All encumbrance penalties still apply (but you can carry more before you hit them).

*"magic balance" Bound items cost twice as many spell points to cast, and have 25% shorter duration. Enchanted items regain magicka 50% slower. All characters start with 25% more magicka, bonuses for racial/birthsign stuffs still apply.

(* mods should ONLY be used with a new game, unpredicable behavior may result using them with a saved game.)

I take no responsibility for hosing your game, ruining your fun, being a crappy RPG'er, or putting the cellulite on your thighs.

Comments suggestions and complaints welcome, you can find me hanging out at http://www.spydah.com/cgi-bin/iB/ikonboard.cgi

Hope you enjoy,
Merkin
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:23 am