Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Best way to kill Sharks in the Sea Caves - Spells?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Best way to kill Sharks in the Sea Caves - Spells?

What are the best spells to kill sharks in the Sea Caves? Fire spell don't work under water, the Kill spells don't seem to work. so what are the best spells to use to kill underwater attackers?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:31 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

The Psi-sharks have a stronge defense against magic in general especially "mental" and "divine" magic, so the melee fighters can mostly do the best damage against them, so get you party into melee combat range, and make sure to have the magic protection spells running (Magic screen and soul shield).
The best spell against underwater creatures will be "dehydrate" from my experience, or a paralyse spell from one of the elemental realms, allowing your melee attackeres to do a lot more damage.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:49 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, melee attack is best against them.
So my tactic was - cover behind corner and jump out when they were close. Because attacks in long tunels made me nearle dead before I was close enough to use melee fighters.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:58 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Without a strong magic screen and soul shield up, you're toast regardless. With those in place, you can even take your time with ranged combat if your crew is strong in that sort of thing.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:42 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

I agree with what's posted above, with only 1 other suggestion: summon elemental. Even though the elemental size is limited (power level 4, I think, so there's not a lot of damage done in your favor), I found them a very useful as cannon-fodder to distract the psi-sharks, squids, etc. For whatever reason, a lot of attacks in this area seemed to be diverted this way.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:44 pm

Here's another of the couple-dozen spots where Eye for an Eye is real handy, it helps regardless of enemy resistances.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:54 pm

I'd suggest you keep magic shield up all the time...you never know when you'll run into a stray pack of casters.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:22 pm