Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

hehehehehe, agreed bro
JoWood can go broke and DIE!
Post Sat May 10, 2003 2:48 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

First, JoWooD is not a game. Second, JoWooD does not publish Int'l Gothic, XiCat does. Third, it's not entirely JoWooD's fault for not being able to deal with G2's release. They're having financial difficulties and does not delay G2 in purpose. So, they don't really deserve to "go broke and DIE", as Shrapnel says.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 3:14 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

1) No one said JoWood *was* a game, Im sure anyone waiting for G2 knows full well who and what JoWood is...thanks.

2)"Today JoWooD announced what was clear for many weeks. The international partner is Infogrames ! Both parties signed a contract which grants Infogrames the worldwide rights (with a few obvious exceptions) for Gothic II. This includes marketing, publishing and distribution."

Umm this quote comes right off the 1st thread on the G2 boards, maybe you should go check it...cause when I read it "international" and "publishing and distribution" all seem to refer to JoWood and what they should have been doing with G2 once the english version went gold...
thanks.

3) When my mail comes late, I dont blame the milkman. But from what you're saying, apparently, I should have sympathy for my mailman because...what? He couldn't afford to put gas in his mail truck, so thats ok that I dont get my mail? I dont think so.

PS- Uh, JoWood was the original intl distributor of g2...not Xicat. Thanks.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 4:37 pm
Vival

Err, why is JoWood listed in the Games Comments section? And if Jowood is here, where are all the other small/big publishers who've published CRPGs ???

btw. they didn't publish Gothic1. Neither international nor in german speaking countries.
Post Thu May 15, 2003 1:16 am

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Who's on first?
Post Fri May 16, 2003 1:10 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Xicat
Post Sat May 17, 2003 10:03 am
Kexin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The incompetence of this company is beyond belief. With a little bit of tac and half a brain they could've put Gothic 2 on the US market months ago and be rolling $. Instead they handed publishing rights to Atari (another company full of idiots) and now the game won't hit America until October!
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:19 pm
Garrett

*sigh*
ok...for the last time:
- Jowood had/has serious financial troubles, so they had to outsource distribution of Gothic 2, both in Gemany and everywhere else
- All you US players: order the game from gogamer (uk import)
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:25 pm

gogamer hasn't had gothic 2 in stock for almost a month, and I'm not going to back-order a game only to find out that someone manages to get it locally BEFORE gogamer manages to get it in stock again.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:42 am

Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Well now. Isnt this a very hostile thread...
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:16 pm
vesselle
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

the problem with JoWood is not entirely financial, but behavioural also.

JoWood has been pulling these kinda stunts on nearly every single game they deal with. the reason they are in financial straits is prolly due to this. if i didn't know better, i'd swear they never knew the first thing about publishing games.

V***V
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:33 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Why does everyone assume that Gothic 2 would be a huge success in America? Judging by the type of games that succeed in America, this is a very foolish assumption to make. Maybe JoWood would be better off ignoring the American market, and concentrating on the markets it knows best.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:24 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

People, why do you guys think that publishers that do not come from America should publish their games in America?? It's not like Americans are more worth shipping a game to than European country's that are much closer, And by the way Gothic AND Gothic2 AND Arx Fatalis are the best RPG's ever so stop babbling about it that it doesn't come out to soon in the US cause it's not like you're the ONLY people on Earth worth a game like gothic
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:19 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Thats very rude and ignorant.

If a company is making games then they obviously want to get money from it. Why would they ignore a potential revenue source just because it is not their home country? Thats just racist.

Especially considering the game has already been translated to English for the UK market.

If everyone had the attitude you did, then the world would be a very sad place indeed.

Just incase you dont know, the only reason you are even on this site is because the US Government developed the internet and shared the technology with other countries.

So get off your high horse and act civilized.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:44 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next