How to smash the mithril?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How to smash the mithril?

In the walkthrough, it says I need to smash the mithril into smaller pieces in the smelting room. How? I've tried the pickaxe and hitting it with weapons, and that big crusher thing is broken because I used it on the Black Beast. What do you do here?

Also, does it take long to die from hunger? I'm in the dwarven mines where you can't use magic, I've run out of food and my character keeps saying he's hungry.
Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:52 pm
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

dammit, I just can't get past this bit! someone please help!
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:06 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You should have searched the mines and found more power stones to use. There are four at least I believe. Use the crusher just like you did on the beast, power stone, place your mithril, pull lever. If you missed the stones, go back and search the mines High and low. (hint) No you won't starve, and if you are really getting weak, go ahead and leave and come back. You can cast satisfy on yourself one level up and return. It won't mess up the quest.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:09 pm
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cheers, got past it now. The problem is, there are 4 power stones in the mine (that I can find) and you need one to kill the beast, one to teleport the mithril, 2 to power the machines that make the swords, and you also need another one to power the crusher after you break it the first time. So there's probably a 5th knocking around somewhere that I can't find. I did it by re-loading an old save and carrying rather than teleporting the mithril. Just killed the dragon - piece of piss, did it first time! haha

The thing I'm worried about is that I only have one Akbaar's rock at the moment, shouldn't I have more? I know that you need 5 right at the end
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:08 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I can list the locations if you want them, but in general, the crypt, the temple of akkbaa, and the last one in the bunker. Question here. You did make the sword with the kolkt powder right? You didn't mention it so I wanted to be sure you did that.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:21 pm
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yep, I've enchanted it now too. Just about to do the Lord Inut side-quest for a bit of a giggle before I go take out those pesky Ylsides. I think I got the Akbaar's rock in the temple, but not the crypt... i'll have a look through the walkthrough or previous posts on the board if I get stuck. thanks for all the help again!
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:35 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You're welcome. Always glad to help. Have fun and save often in different slots at the end.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:46 pm
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

umm... ok, can anyone tell me how the hell to insert the power stones into the machines?? i tried using them on the machines, didn't work.. and which one is the smasher for the beast? is it the big box like thing in the corner of the room? or the round thing that has a lot of pipes going into it?

I'm stuck I hate this stupid beast.. can't kill it
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:26 am
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it's the round machine on the side of the smelting room (room 15, level . There is a small hole on the side facing the the box-shaped machine in the corner; use the power stone with that. You then have to tempt the beast by throwing the dwarf flesh under the big hammer thing and pull the lever on the balcony at the top of the room - this is very difficult to time, however, and I ended up doing it by pulling the lever and running over to the hammer so that the beast follows me under it.

A tip - when you get the mithril in the mines, don't use the teleporter - just carry it to the smelting room. Otherwise you won't have enough power stones to power all the machines. I don't know if this is a flaw in the game, or if there's just another power stone that I can't find, but I think it's easier to just carry it.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:07 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

There are enough stones, but as I said you have to look high, like the dwarf's bunkbeds on top, and the rafters in the mine. Should be five in there all total.

After you get the smasher going, climb the ladder as fast as you can, as turning it on seems to "call" to the beast to join you.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:13 pm
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Stupid beast..
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:46 pm