Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What can MMORPGdot do for you?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

What features do you want to see more of at mmorpgdot?
More Interviews
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Reviews of older games that weren't reviewed before
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
More Previews of upcoming titles (beta reports)
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
More Coverage of a specific game (please tell us which one in your comments)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
More Editorials from our editors
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Other (please specify what we're missing)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of the Above
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Thread
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

What can MMORPGdot do for you?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get a feeling of what you guys want from mmorpgdot. We already have made great efforts in the past to bring you great features, but I would like to know what you guys want in the future. Do you want more interviews? Do you want more previews and reviews? Do you want more editorials? Do you want more coverage of certain games over others?

We want to make this your site as much as we can make it, and to do that we need to know what it is that you'd like to see. If it's more coverage of a certain game in particular, please let us know here. If you'd just like us to shut up and go on exactly as we are doing now, please say so too!

Let's discuss the future! As more and more games will be heading our way, we need to focus on the things that you want.

Last edited by Ekim on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:58 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I like interviews! but actually i think u guys are doing a fine job even now.

I like the following games, so anything concerning these is cool:

-- Trials of Ascension
-- Darkfall Online
-- Everquest 2
-- Sigil Games Online project
-- Dragon Empires
-- Ultima X Odyssey
-- World of Warcraft

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:23 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I would like to see more of everything, if you have the time to do that much
Anyway, I would be very grateful if you can supply anything more about World of WarCraft, FreeWorld, Guild Wars, Dragon Empires.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:07 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Lady Armageddona, we have someone who will be up on the front lines for the WoW beta as soon as it starts, and if Blizzard is quick enough to approve our preview articles you'll get something to sink your teeth into soon enough

Problem with previews is that because of NDA's we often have to get the authorisation from the developer before we can publish anything. Sometimes publishers take their time before approving anything (if they do at all, as was the case with our Horizons preview...).

Regarding Freeworld, you'll probably see something tomorrow about that. MMORPGdot will be hosting the Freeworld client for download. We are working very closely with them, so I'm sure that we'll have more features in the coming months
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:17 pm
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I voted for all of the above.
So basicly ya'll just shut up and carry on with the good work

There is 1 thing, however, I always enjoy and those are beta-contests for mmorpg's. Just like the one you're having now for UXO.
Not that I feel that you're lacking in that area (there simply aren't many of these contests around) but if I would have to name ONE thing, that would be it.

But overall I would say mmorpgdot.com is doing a fine job and should keep on doing what it's doing
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:29 pm
Kaniver
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Your doing a terrific job right now. I like interviews and previews. Your layout is the best I've seen, and your news seems to be the most informative. So I guess what I'm saying is keep up the good work!
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:43 pm
Yellowrat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This is the best mmorpg site I have seen- and I've seen many. Mmorgdot.com really keeps me abreast of what's happening in the industry. I think you should continue doing what you're doing, although I did choose 'more previews of upcoming titles', simply because i'm looking for a new mmorpg to get lost into.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT JOB!,

-Yates "Yellowrat" Bast
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:49 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

woah it looks like some new blood has arrived, welcome guys!
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:15 pm
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

I went and they came. *g*

If I wanted anything changed, I'd have tried it myself. Hehe. I think that MMORPGDot does the best thing it can, with the resources it has available. The only possible addition is to have a better MMORPG-database that's easy to use and search.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I voted All of the above. You guys are doing good but...hehe you knew it was in there...but I would like to see information on current games. I've never played EQ so would I have a good time starting out with nothing knowing no one? (I've played EQ, I was just using it as a referrance) I see enough reviews of all the expansion packs...does EQ's 31st expansion do any justice if I want to start playing now? What is the State of the Union in EQ? DAoC is doing a RvR expansion, will I have fun starting a new character in that game? Everyone else reviews the expasion, but when these expansions come out no one really tells us how the original game is doing anymore. I haven't played UO in 3 years and since that time I think 2 expansion have come out. Is that game fun to play if I don't get the expansions, or should I get the expansions and play the best MMO out there? Or is it the best MMO out there even without the expansions?

What movie is this from? Shibby!
Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:44 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Kiff
I voted All of the above. You guys are doing good but...hehe you knew it was in there...but I would like to see information on current games. I've never played EQ so would I have a good time starting out with nothing knowing no one?

You know, Dialogue and I had a discussion along those lines a couple of weeks ago, and I agree. That's why as we speak I am working hard to get reviews done on the "older" games!

In the coming weeks, we'll have Classic Reviews for the games that have come out a while ago and for which we don't have any review done. In the works right now are Eve and DAoC. I'm still working hard on getting one for EQ and AC1.

We are also working on a series of features that will showcase some lesser-known mmorpgs that are free, or very cheap.

Hope all these things will satisfy everyone, and clear up any "but" after the "you guys are the best"!
Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:34 pm
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

Also, we did try to get information out on current games through our Reports now and then. We had the Status Reports with regular Q&A's informing about the improvements and changes to existing games; and we had other Game Reports such as the one about A Tale in the Desert or Star Wars Galaxies some time ago.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:11 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I prolly shouldn't be allowed to vote, as I don't really go to MMORPGdot that often, but what the heck...

I was the single "more coverage of a single game" entry. The game I'd like to see covered and followed more closely is: Pirates of the Burning Sea.

One of the great things about RPGdot, IMHO at least, was that they plugged indy/small dev house games like Gothic, Arx Fatalis and to some extent ATITD. I always thought of RPGdot as a voice of the underdog. Since PBS falls under the same bracket, I'd really like to see a lot more coverage of that game (especially since it's about to hit Beta in few months).
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:34 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
I prolly shouldn't be allowed to vote, as I don't really go to MMORPGdot that often, but what the heck...

I was the single "more coverage of a single game" entry. The game I'd like to see covered and followed more closely is: Pirates of the Burning Sea.

One of the great things about RPGdot, IMHO at least, was that they plugged indy/small dev house games like Gothic, Arx Fatalis and to some extent ATITD. I always thought of RPGdot as a voice of the underdog. Since PBS falls under the same bracket, I'd really like to see a lot more coverage of that game (especially since it's about to hit Beta in few months).

Noted. We'll try and do a better job at covering the independant guys out there.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:30 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon

I can only speak for the news team but Dhruin and I both have had the official website of PotBS bookmarked since its opening. I don't think we've missed a single newsbit so far. Check here for a complete overview of all PotBS news we've posted so far. I think we've got it covered pretty well .
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:59 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next