Usergroups
Ramping up a new char?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I have altered my game strat from nearly a year ago because Ai prefer mage..........dex is best. Get 50 dex as soon as possible including rings etc. and find the dex sword that is 50dex 100 damage. it makes mage MUCH easier since you have a good melle weapon to fall back on.

Still, if you are merc or militia, building strength is best from the start.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:31 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

A couple of strategies when dealing with Dexter's bandit camp:

1. It's always best to talk to the first bandit you see when walking from Xardas' tower -- so he gives you Dexter's name as the person looking for you. This gives you the password into Dexter's camp.

2. In basic G2, you can (if you have your Dex up and a decent bow) just jump up to the roof, set WALK on (so you don't fall off) and just start sniping the bandits. Without much trouble you can get them all and a whole bunch of XPs. Then go take care of Dexter.

3. In NotR, when you start attacking bandits Greg will show up and start attacking them, too. This cuts down on your XPs and, if you accidentally shoot him, makes him mad and he attacks you (and since he is immortal at this point, this can be a Bad Thing).

One way around this is to snipe Dexter first (after talking to him a bit) from the staircase (and then the bandit that comes in a bit later). If you are far enough back in the staircase, all the other bandits will run around to the back of the building to try to get at you and get stuck there. If you are very lucky, Greg will follow them and fall off the cliff (thus removing himself from the equation)! Now you can run outside, jump to the roof (remember to turn WALK on) and start sniping bandits. Some will manage to get on the roof, but usually will only come at you one at a time. If you leave the camp and come back later you should find Greg is back and then have your conversation with him. If not don't worry, he still shows up on queue in the Addon World.

When looting the camp, be sure to get the Firebow at the top of the secondary tower.

4. If you are not yet ready to kill all the bandits, still give the password to the Guard but be sure not to talk to Dexter. Then you have the run of the camp and can just go steal the Firebow (and a few other things just lying about). Come back later, when you are ready, and take care of Dexter and crew.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:36 am
JensJeremy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Who is Greg? He sounds annoying.
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:25 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

He's that mysterious guy you met by Lobart's farm. He's the one who asks you to help him get into the city. Turns out he has a bone to pick with Dexter.

If you aren't strong enough to take on Dexter's bandits alone, then Greg can help out a lot. On the other hand, he can be a pain as he takes EPs away from you if you are strong enough.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:35 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I always kill the bandits in the bandits' camp with a scroll of firerain. You get all the XP, Greg doesn't attack you, and it really kills all of them in range (you probably still have to kill the ones in the other tower, across the bridge).
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:04 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2