Usergroups
more fun with tom's mod...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

I'm trying to figure out why the triggers don't go off though... that's strange. Perhaps the engine is calculating the challenge rating of your encounter versus the level of your char and if it's not within a certain parameter (i.e. if the engine thinks the encounter will be too hard for you) it won't spawn. I think I'll test this, maybe I'm totally off the track... But it's too strange.

Otherwise what you could do is very simple. Place your friendly units (I guess they would be the Dragon Warriors? Or are they all hostile to the PC??) on the field wherever you need them to be. Then place a single encounter for your hostile units that will spawn directly next to the friendly units so that the two of them will go at each other right away, effectively ignoring the PC.

I'll test a few encounters at home tonight if I have the time and see what I can come up with.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:33 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

mdrop - the problem is that the NPCs won't spawn at all. whether it's triggered by orcs or PCs won't make a difference. in one of my tests, everyone wass running over triggers, and the DWs still didn't spawn. the problem has to be with my custom encounter, but i can't think what it is. it shouldn't get too choppy, unless you run around tripping all the encounters at once, wreaking havoc everywhere.

ekim - i tried to figure out what the relevance of the "difficulty level setting" on the encounter was. i couldn't discern any though, and the toolset guid only confused me even more. i tried it on all settings, and it didn't spawn a single warrior.

that's basically what i did. the dragon warriors are the good guys and the orcs are the bad guys. (hence the defender faction setting to the DWs.)

it worked well enough, but if you have a revelation i'll be sure to try it
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:17 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by TheLonePaladin
ekim - i tried to figure out what the relevance of the "difficulty level setting" on the encounter was. i couldn't discern any though, and the toolset guid only confused me even more. i tried it on all settings, and it didn't spawn a single warrior.

I wasn't talking about the difficulty setting on the first page of the encounter properties. I know, that thing seems useless. I'm not even sure why it's there. I'm talking about the CR rating of each monsters you put in your encounter, versus the level of the character you use to test your module. Anyway, I'll try and run some tests tonight and let you know what I come up with
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:22 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i may as well make this the official "tom's got some issues with his mod" thread.

ok how do i import custom portraits for NPCs? is there a special format i need or something?
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:13 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Click me!
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:35 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

why thank you Val-iant moderator!
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:39 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2