Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is it customary for you guys to delete posts without notice?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Deathbliss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Is it customary for you guys to delete posts without notice?

I was just wondering because my thread just dissapeared. Which doesn't look good to me - not at all. In fact it makes you guys look like a bunch of @ssholes. So convince me that I'm wrong...

I had a valid post about not being able to destroy the meteor in the Xbox version of this game. I don't give a flying f!ck if this has been posted before. I've searched through current posts and found no answers. My post covered not only this, but other specific needs I had. I can't finish this game as far as I can see without being able to destory the meteor. I have sent an e-mail to the person recommended - no reply. I have been polite and patient. But I won't put up with this crap. When I buy a console game I expect it to work technically without any major flaws. This is not the case here. I also expect users in the community to band together and either get a fix for it through themselves or the company that released the game, or for the company that released the game to release a fixed version of it free of charge to those that have already purchased it. By now an answer should exist, but I searched through the forums here and found nothing.

Tell me what's going on, and next time you want to delete one of my posts be polite and respectful enough to leave me a PM with your explanation. Don't feed me some line about your rules and how you don't have to. You don't have to open the door for a girl, but you should. There are many things in life you should do, rules notwithstanding.
- Deathbliss

Evolution is just further proof of the fact,
That mankind is willing to believe in anything,
As long as it doesn't have to believe in God.
Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:21 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

It is very unusual for posts to be deleted at RPGDot but as I'm not the moderator of this forum and don't know the circumstances (assuming there isn't some other explanation), I won't comment further. You might try a PM to one of the mods rather than implying they are a "bunch of @ssholes".

I'm not clear what the point of these assertions is: "But I won't put up with this crap. When I buy a console game I expect it to work technically without any major flaws. This is not the case here."

Is this just commentary or did you think our we owed you something?
Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:22 am
Deathbliss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In reply...

The little bit you didn't understand was me venting - a bit of a rant. I was really pulled into this game at first, then I kept coming upon the game freezing a lot when I used the teleporter from the city to the castle, and a weirder complete in-game freeze that ha happened once when I was fighting a Lich and we were both casting spells and again when I opened a door. Other not-so-bad issues were the Black Thing somehow exploding into chunks under the masher in the Dwarven Mines - I didn't even have it activated - all I did was open up the lava pit in that room. Then there are distatsteful things like copying Morrowind with he dwarves being killed off, and LOTR when you read that 'they dug too deep...." as well as the fact the whole game might as well be re-titled Silent Hill for all the beauty it has. ALL of this is forgivable, and there are ways around these issues, but how in the heck do I get the powder to make the sword when I can't even destroy the meteor?

Also for the record I was not implying that anyone here was an @sshole - merely that it looked that way to me because of my post being deleted as it was. Also please note I used nothing even remotely innapropriate in that thread, unlike this one. I thought folks here were pretty cool but now I'm feeling a bit let down all over the place.
- Deathbliss

Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:13 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It's not quite unusual for posts to be deleted, but if it happens, it's rarely done without an advance notice or PM - unless the posts clearly and blatantly support piracy/contain warez addresses*, or are grossly off-topic in an otherwise on-topic thread (as in: 'hey, let's all chat about the weather in this thread about armor classes!').

As Dhruin suggested, you should contact the resident moderator about why your thread disappeared.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:34 am
Deathbliss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If it happens again...

Then I'll contact a Moderator. No need for that yet - I vented as I needed to. Now I just need to find the workaround for this bug. Is there one? If not I can't beat the game, which really blows.
- Deathbliss

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:58 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Let me add one thing. While I'm not familiar with the X-Box version, I played the PC version, lots of people had trouble with the meteor because they didn't touch it; they didn't click on it. Try that. Let me also say, that I've been playing games for a great many years, and I've found Arkane, the makers of this game to be one of the most helpful group of people in the industry. If there is a real bug in the game, once they are aware of it, they will fix the problem. We, on the other hand, are a gaming site staffed by volunteers who put in many unpaid hours in an attempt to improve your gaming pleasure. Please try to avoid venting your frustrations here and you'll find the people at the Dot will go out of their way to help you.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:18 pm