33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author Thread
gothic_army_babe_202
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

seen any good movies lately??

HAS NE1 SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES L8LY?
IVE SEEN HELL BOY AND HARRY POTTER AND THE PRIZONER OF AZKABAN WUT HAV U PPL SEEN?
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:03 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have seen some good movies lately... none of the above though. Most of them aren't new, either.

Secretary (very good, but not for the easily shocked)
Raise the Red Lantern (excellent, although not exactly laugh-a-minute)
Zatoichi (brilliant - best "action" flick I've seen in a while)
Young Adam (much better than I was expecting)

I want to see Hellboy, I like the look of it and I've seen a film by the same director recently - The Devil's Backbone. Very good.
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:29 pm
gothic_army_babe_202
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well i hav never even heard of those movies and i never even sed that those movies were new ne ways thabx 4 postin [img][/img][/quote]
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:00 am
soul phoenix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i realy only have seen van hellsing lately other then that i havent seen any new movies in ages and van hellsing was alright but it wasnt as good as i expected it to be
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:02 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The best movie I have seen recently is Shrek 2.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:45 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

@ Piln
"Secretary" was a pretty good film, although to me the ending was lame. Loved the transformation of Maggie Gyllendall, tho I think Spader's character was just wasted toward the last quarter of the movie. They could have still had him kinda crumbling and losing control, yet not be such a pathetic wreck that he actually turns on her. Sexy film, tho it is a bit rough at times ='.'=

latest good flick Ive seen was "Cradle of Fear", a modern British schlock horror anthology kinda-starring Dani Filth. Liked it for the most part, made me want to go hunt down some old British "Hammer" or "Amicus" titles.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:21 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I just rented MUSA - the Warrior.

This is supposedly the highest budget movie ever made in Korea.

This is like a mixture of RAN/Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon/Conan the Barbarian/Gladiator.

The cinematography, lightening, and fighting are all top-notch. Think Conan/Gladiator style brutality. Blood splattering across the desert floor. Castle Sieges. And no wire-work. Without a doubt one of the greatest war movies I have seen. I will be purchasing this flick!!!

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:45 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yep, those are pretty much my thoughts on Secretary too, Sam (is "Sam" OK?). A few little tweaks could have made it great, but still, it's probably the most enjoyable rom-com I've seen in a while (not much competition, though ). Hey, I just checked out Cradle of Fear on imdb - starring Emily Booth? She used to present Bits, an incredibly ropey videogames show in the UK!

Musa! Glad you enjoyed it, kengo, I have it but have not got round to watching it yet. Looks good. As you know, I got hold of some of the films you recommended - Sword Of Doom was excellent! I was totally thrown by the ending at first, but on reflection it made perfect sense! I like it when a film surprises me like that. I've watched the first two of the "Musashi Miyamoto" trilogy, and they were both wonderful, looking forward to the final instalment. And Chushingura is on the way.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:07 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Sure, "Sam" is fine with me.

I was not aware of who Emily Booth was at all, but I enjoyed her performance in and out of her clothes in "Cradle..". Im looking forward to seeing her again, she did pretty well IMHO. She plays a hardcore riot-grrl, and has a great British punk-rock way of talking. I used to think that a "Southern" U.S. accent was my favorite femme vox, but the more I hear it, I realize that I like the British accented dames' way of speaking far more. 'Bout half my review of "Cradle.." is written, should be posting it in a day or so. Got a tough reformat going on at home on my Dell, my pc usage is solely work-based this week.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:32 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
...I enjoyed her performance in and out of her clothes...

Easy, tiger! Wait a second... so... you were wearing her clothes?

Just my little joke. Hilarious, no?
Well, I suppose I ought to wait for your review, but already I feel a visit to Blockbuster is on the cards...
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:34 am