Hi.My 2 cents & a few ?'s.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Hi.My 2 cents & a few ?'s.

!!WARNING:THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

I first played Gothic at a friends house awhile back, I couldn't figure out how to pick up the torch lying next to you at the very begining so I just blew the whole game off. One day he insisted that I took the game home and played it.....ah what a good friend indeed.

It was exactly what I have been wanting, a totally new RPG experience. I couldn't stop playing this game. I was impressed at all the....obscene...stuff you won't find in most games. Such as the little, eh.. "sketch". Or the water pipes...heck the whole swampweed thing tickled me the entire game......

I was surprised how most of the other gamers I spoke to about it said "Gothic sucks" or things like that. Gothic is a masterpiece, and when I first found out about Gothic 2 in the making, and almost on the market, I got butterflies in my stomach that have YET to go away.

The only negative thing about Gothic is the ending...or lack there-of......

Anywho now for a few questions....

1.About the letter to the magicians of fire...In the description it says that the seal must not be broken..I read it and still got the same rewards and dialouge as I did when the seal wasn't broken...strange. And I wandered if it were possible to keep the letter and deliver it to Xardas later on down the line??

2.The Arena.....you fight in it a couple times, some diggers say that you can watch the guards beat each other in it in the evenings, and Scatty has an option "I'd like to place a bet" to which he always replys "theres no fight on." Heres the question. Is the Arena ever actually open? To perhaps enter and fight again for prize money? Or even bet on other fight? Hmm?

3.When you activate Uriziel with the ore mound...why on earth do the magicians of water go hay-wire and totally turn against you??

4.What's up with Shrat?Why is he even there?He offers no quest... He followed me untill I came upon some monsters, hauled balls the other direction, and was never seen again..........strange..

5.This is the most riviting question.....Who are you? Err or should I say Who am I??...Uhh...no wait.... WHO THE HECK IS THE MAIN CHARACTER? No name, no history, no nothing except sword-slinging abilities. What did he do to be thrown into the colony in the first place??Any ideas?

6.Why can you never talk to the chicks dangit!?

Hmm......I'm full of questions, but I just went braindead....so that's all for now.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:47 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

1. I believe you get less experience when you give it to Milten if you have opened the letter. I'm not sure if you can give it directly to Xardas, probably not.

2. Forget the arena. There will never be a fight. (except for the time when you challenge Kirgo and Kharim)

3. You are using the Magicians' ore mound. They originally wanted to use its power to blow up the barrier, but you took away that energy...

4. Shrat is just a little loner. Make mercy on him.

5. I have no idea either.

6. Yes you can talk to the chicks, but they only say that they are not allowed to talk to you.

And Welcome to the boards!

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:08 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Don't they say you're not suppose to talk to them.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:39 am
Datelos

heheh what you ppl dont like gothic or sth ? thats the best game and i think all was perfect there
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:46 pm

Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Thanks for the warm welcome Moonslash........GOTHIC IS THE BOMB DIGGITY BABY!!!
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:41 pm
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Oh, I forgot to welcome you so,

Welcome to the Boards
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:51 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

HeWhoHasNoName.....YOU my friend are the shiz-nit-icus.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:09 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

hey this sparked a question in my own mind. milten says that xardas hasnt been the fire magician's leader in many years. if this were true, and xardas and that other mage dude had been communicating for many years wouldn't it have come up somewhere that xardas had left the camp???

"oh yes the brotherhood is very dangerous indeed." -Xardas
"yes quite dangerous." -mage dude
"i'll keep my eyes on them." -xardas
"you do that." -mage dude
"i'm studying necromancy." -xardas
"is that so?" -mage dude
"yup..." -xardas

seems like a major waste of paper to me....
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:21 am
SpanGi
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by TheLonePaladin
seems like a major waste of paper to me....
SAVE THE RAIN FOREST!!!

Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:05 am