Usergroups
The Dot is Back!! But What was it???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > RPGDot

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The Toaster was most probably lost in the transition. I'll try to take care of lost avatars once the Dot ftp access is back up.
Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:20 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I ran a translation of the page, I was able to get part of the meaning, I think. The page was in Portugese, and appeared to be a protest against public ownership of firearms in Brazil. The translation was poor, but as far as I could tell, that was the gist of it. I'm sure that RPGDot is their EXACT target audience...

I'm just glad things are back.

-vaticide
Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:47 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Nice job for bringing back the dot so fast. I was quite suprised to see the monkey head instead of good old forums on the web address. I couldn't understand a thing but after what you all have already said it had nothing to do with RPGDot (and other sites) I guess. But i'm sure the hacker(s) will get caught sooner or later.

I might have missed the info but has any information been taken from database ? (like e-mails, passwords or such stuff ?)

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:07 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

well, gladly it's back. I got some info earlier from Cor, but I thaught it would keep you another few days before the Dot would come back. I am glad things are back to - almost - normal. I have some reading to do, since I was absent for the last few week(s)
Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:00 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

I'm also experiencing slight problem of double avatars. For ma Krzychu on Page 1 of this thread has the default RPGDot avatar () and beneath it the avatar he uses.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:44 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

Sorry you guys got hacked. It's time I work on a little secret operation involved ninja squirrels with chainsaws in Brazil.
Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:38 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Uh, I noticed this too. The double avatar looks strange... but it's not a very big problem. Err, right?

I don't know portugese or whatever that language was but I understood it enough well to think that this must've been some misunderstanding. Even if, hah, RPGDot was their target they could've at least write it in English. And the monkey - what the heck is up with that?!
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:11 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

The guys at Jolt did theire best to get things up and running again on the new server and salvaged as much as possible. As we already had transferred nearly everything, not much was lost.
In the process of updating the forums, several of the mods and hacks were lost. It will take some time to get them back. The double avatar is one of them.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:37 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

I'm sure we all can live with that. Unless the double avatars trigger other problems? I mean, I have an 109x120 avatar now.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:39 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

You're not the only one, Krzychu. I think all of the people with avatar from the Dot galleries hava a double avatar.
Anyway, good to have you back. As for those little boys with no brains, that decided to do a Brazilian anti-whatever protest on a couple of community sites like the Dot and the rest that got hacked using a simple mistake, I must say nothing more, than what I have just said - They should get some immediate brain transplants, and besides, the brain transplants should better be women's - since they have had some use
Post Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:42 am
vesselle
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Val
We weren't the only one hit. Duck & Cover, RPG Codex, and more were hit. Bloodlines Dilapidation forums were completely deleted. I hope Dan had a backup over there or all their hard work on stuff like bug reports and such are toast.

It looks like a lot of community style sites that use PHPBB/PHPNuke were hit and exploited.

We'll have a lot of help skinning the culprit alive.

dunno if everyone already knows this or not, but Dan DID get the dilapidation forums up again, but everything was wiped. so it was a start from scratch effort afterwards.

since then however, the dilapidation forums have closed and Dan is now running the PlanetVampire forums. i'm very happy for him, but i've never liked the forums over there. however, he has said that he intends to customize it so it has the same look as dilapidation. hopefully, they'll allow that.

*sigh*

V***V
Post Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:38 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Ahh, GREAT! RPGDot is back, i thought you had no backup so we have to start over, well, good job every1, but i really want an answer about this question:

quote:
Originally posted by Mercenary
I might have missed the info but has any information been taken from database ? (like e-mails, passwords or such stuff ?)

so??
Post Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:11 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Most certainly not.
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:54 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2